1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

1. SharonHutchins

SharonHutchins Registered User

Feb 22, 2015
    Hi my name is Sharon and my Mum has Dementia we live with her since my Father passed away in November 2014 so we have had to move in
    My Mum goes to a 6:1 Demntia group although she is the only one that still drives in Tonbridge on a Wednesday. Twice a month on a Thursday she goes to the Dementia cafe at the angel centre in Tonbridge and twice a month on a Friday she goes to a peer group in Otford which she absolutely loves
    My Question is are there any other groups near to us as we are desperate for more places for Mum to go to also craft clubs and things we can both enjoy together like pottery or painting
    Does anyone have any ideas please

2. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    I'm a long way away so don't know but wonder if could phone Age UK or the Alz Soc to see if they have any further knowledge of what is on in your area.

Good luck