Things to do

christmas

Apr 27, 2014
Leicestershire
Hi has anyone any ideas what I can do when I visit peter , I always sing with him and read to him but he just isn't interested in anything any ideas would be much appreciated ! He's going in the home tomorrow , I am really praying he will settle xxxxx Christmas

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
I think we all have to avoid thinking about what we would like in similar circumstances. My husband is well down the Alzheimers road and needs a lot of rest and not too many demands. He gets a lot out of his daycentres because he enjoys being part of the company but not having to think about it. He will join in singing happily but his attention span for more demanding things is short.

Colouring in books are popular, playing cards to play patience, dominoes on a tray, all seem to be popular and demand little. I attend to my husband's nails and toe nails and see his skin is rubbed with moisturiser to keep it comfortable. These are things you could do for him on a visit.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I learned a couple of things from a massage therapist, and if you put some lavender oil in the moisturising cream the rub it in a circular motion up and down the arm then use knuckles to massage the palm of the hand, that is very relaxing for both of you.