1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Things to do with Mom who has dimentia

Discussion in 'Welcome and how to use Dementia Talking Point' started by Arlene, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Arlene

Arlene Registered User

Nov 29, 2015
    California USA
    My Mom is in assisted living. I come from Mexico 4 months of the year to spend time with her in her assisted living facility. She is now experiencing difficulty listening/following my reading to her, and also difficulty speaking....losing words or her train of thought. She is wheelchair bound, and often sleepy. She also has lost interest with everything including TV, any activities that the assisted living provides, or other people. She sits at dinner with people, smiling when they smile, but mostly not interacting. I am here for two months now, and want to make her life better in any way I can but am having difficulty thinking of ways.....we go for walks when the weather is good enough, and I play piano and we sing....any other ideas? Also, how do you deal with the sadness of watching this process?

2. Cat27

Cat27 Volunteer Moderator

Feb 27, 2015
    Merseyside
  3. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    What about giving her a hand massage and painting her nails?