Things seem to be turning

chants

Jan 7, 2007
Barnsley
Hi all

Been a while since I last posted - since Mum's fall at home and subsequent hoospitalisation and then going into a rehab resource centre, Mum is going into residential care, permanently, not a nursing home as yet, they don't think that it would be the place for her as she would deteriorate too fast and I agree. Since Mum has been around people all day, instead of just sitting alone all day, she has started smiling and talking back to people! A miracle really. She is safe and not doing things to harm herself.

We shall have to see what the home is like...... Not convinced about the one chosen, but my brother has influenced her and there you are....

Hope you are all well and have a good Easter.

Will let you know how she gets on. Chants :rolleyes:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Chants

Thanks for the update. It's good to know your mum is happier. From what I hear these rehab centres do excellent work, and can give more attention than hospitals or' in many cases, residential homes.

I hope the home works out for your mum. If not, you'll have the option to change it while she's still aware of her surroundings.

Keep in touch, and let us know how she gets on.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Chants,

Things do look better for your mum if she`s now communicating more and even smiling. That sounds very encouraging. I hope she`ll be happy in residential care and your misgivings prove groundless. Keep us up to date. The more positve stories we hear, the better.

With love