1. Expert Q&A: Protecting a person with dementia from financial abuse - Weds 26 June, 3:30-4:30 pm

Financial abuse can have serious consequences for a person with dementia. Find out how to protect a person with dementia from financial abuse.

Sam, our Knowledge Officer (Legal and Welfare Rights) is our expert on this topic. She will be here to answer your questions on Wednesday 26 June between 3:30 - 4:30 pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Things no one tells you how to do...

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by Vix321, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Vix321

Vix321 Registered User

Mar 24, 2015
    Responding to Christmas cards/letters on behalf of your mother with dementia to her friends and trying to explain (while maintaining some sense of privacy) why she is unable to write herself.

2. fizzie

fizzie Registered User

Jul 20, 2011
    My Ma had a close friend who had memory loss before she did and the son sent mum a lovely letter giving a couple of paragraphs of news and just saying that x had been unwell and was too frail at the moment to write and so they were doing the letters together as she didn't want to lose touch. I thought it was a really nice idea - it kept the links between the two friends and left the door open for future communication and preserved dignity too. We continued to correspond through the son