Things I get sick of saying to my OH

Piper12

Nov 20, 2021
Hi this is a bit of a rant in regard to the things I must say many times in a day
Have you drunk your tea /coffee , please eat your breakfast/lunch /dinner, do you need to go to the toilet, are you ready to get up, this is usually answered with a no many times , would you like a shower and a shave this one can at times be answer with verbal abuse or aggression. There’s other things that I could add to the list but they are the biggest bug bear. I’m sure lm not on my own with this and at times feel like screaming ?.
Thats it rant over.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
My partner is in hospital at the moment and I do seem to spend most of the allotted 1 hour visiting time prompting her to drink. Your OH getting aggressive is a more worrying development though, @Piper12.

Piper12

Nov 20, 2021
My partner is in hospital at the moment and I do seem to spend most of the allotted 1 hour visiting time prompting her to drink. Your OH getting aggressive is a more worrying development though, @Piper12.
He’s been reassess at the moment for the aggression they have mentioned antipsychotic medications but due to his heart condition they are not an option so are trying antidepressants.

Jessy82

Mar 15, 2021
I can relate to that too Piper, mum says it's like living with the Gestapo lol

Piper12

Nov 20, 2021
ive tried statements but just get the same response from him. I feel like the biggest nag in the world but if I leave him alone he doesn’t bother and I’m very aware of UTIs as he’s had a few

asriela

Oct 17, 2021
i feel your pain. My most common answer is "at home", followed by the address of the house my mum has lived in since 1971. The question of course is "where are we?". it must be asked and repeated at least 30 times each day. I have tried variation such as "our house, where we live" but to no avail.

UncleZen

Dec 24, 2019
For me it's....I see your eating ice cream/biscuits/anything else sweet the doctor said you were pre-diabetic. If you keep this up you'll be diabetic, and you don't want that do you?
Did she? I dont remember, has another biscuit.
Oh well.

Sher1

Dec 19, 2021
Many of your comments match what I experienced when My father got MCI. I took care of him at his home until I realized I had to bring him home to live with my husband and myself. It's heart wrenching to watch the loss of your loved one day by day, Yes, all the things they ask for over and over does emotionally weigh you down. I think one of the hardest is when you know you can't physically take care of them anymore. That decision comes so hard. There's one thing that has stayed with me when he died in 2014. Even though he was eating very well each day he continued to loose vast amount of weight. When I got the call that I would want to come and say my good buys, I needed to touch him and with out thinking to comfort him I went to rub his tummy. It was a sunken cavity. I know now what happens to the body not being able to absorb calories taken in. How there are signs our body go through when we are at our end.
The things I hold onto was the teachings of my Grandmother and Grandfather that raised me. They endured so much in their lifetime and did it with such grace. They were born in 1900, just think of all the monumental changes they saw.
I recall comments like Auntie has that old people disease. It was taken in stride like so many things they went through. So hold onto that your not alone, all theses special people are here on this site, God will support you ask him for his strength and guidance and cherish the little things.
Love to each and everyone of you
God Bless You and yours.
Merry Christmas
Sher1