Things are looking up.

Donbon79

May 26, 2011
Blackpool, Lancashire
Well I've had my third successful visit with mum today, she seems to be settling well in the care home now and my Court of Protection Deputyship finally came through. All I'm waiting for now is for someone, anyone to apply to rent my mum's house (which I own jointly with my brothers) which has been on the rental market for 7 weeks. Desperately need that income to pay the care home top up fee which is £71 a week. Apart from that, everything's pretty good.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
Well I've had my third successful visit with mum today, she seems to be settling well in the care home now and my Court of Protection Deputyship finally came through. All I'm waiting for now is for someone, anyone to apply to rent my mum's house (which I own jointly with my brothers) which has been on the rental market for 7 weeks. Desperately need that income to pay the care home top up fee which is £71 a week. Apart from that, everything's pretty good.

That is a while for a rental to wait for, here they are snapped up with waiting lists. Hope you get it rented soon.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Have you thought about contacting the local hospitals HR dept to see if they are looking for staff accomodation?

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Talking Point mobile app

pippop1

Apr 8, 2013
Same here. Can you try another agent or, if you live a Uni try contacting their accommodation section to get a student rental. A level result will be out in mid-August and students might want to live there.

Donbon79

May 26, 2011
Blackpool, Lancashire
I suppose I could try a different agent if it doesn't rent soon. It's a large 4 bedroom house and ideally I want a family in there who will stay long term. I've not put a any restrictions on pets or benefits. If I students in I'd be worried they'd not look after the house. We're had quite a lot of interest and viewings but no one has actually applied yet.