Things are a bit better

panda

Apr 16, 2006
Surrey
Hello to every one, I have not been able to post for awhile,I have had computer problems, children home for the hol's and trying to empty out Mums house, I have fill3ed 2 skips with rubbish and plouged through thousans of papers ,they had kept every thing ,also going to work and go to see Mum. I recently told Mum about selling her house and the fact that she is going to stay in the home now. She was not happy:( but neither would I be if I was told that. But it went a lot better than I expected, for me things are so much better because I no longer have to lie. The strain of it all had made me ill. I am now able to take Mum out on trips she is no longer climbing the fence and escaping. She has also made a friend and now talks about people that are not on her wing as "not one of us" We still have the odd occasion when she forgets or gets confused about it also she thinks I am trying to steal her money,but I can deal with that now. I just wanted to thank you for all the support I recieved from you while I was going through that terrible time. And to let others that are in the early days of parents being in a home that things can get better even if it is only for a while until the next problem It is still a lovely break from the torment xx:)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Panda,

I am so pleased to hear that things are more on an even keel.

I think you're right: who would be happy to find that they can no longer live as they could before? However, your mother seems to be settling and that can only be good news.

Best wishes

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Jennifer

Sorry, can't resist it.

Love the picture of your dog. What breed is he/she? I love him/her

Sorry everyone nothing to do with the thread.

Animal devotee

Alfjess

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Panda,
What a very hectic time you have been through! Glad your Mum is settling and you can enjoy a break from the worst of the caring. I simply never fail to marvel at how much people will do for their partners or parents!! You have been through a great deal, so it is nice to know it is easier for now.

And to let others that are in the early days of parents being in a home that things can get better even if it is only for a while until the next problem It is still a lovely break from the torment xx :) :) Love this bit!! Good advice!

panda

Apr 16, 2006
Surrey
have not had a computer for a while hence the lack of replies from me, tell me Margret how did it go ? Everyone's input is of use to another going through the same thing.

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Panda

I am so pleased for you that mum has settled, what a weight lifted. I am sure you will both now go from strength to strength.

Love

Cate

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JamieF7