They've had him in the shower!!!!

Dimelza

May 28, 2013
Sorry but I'm shouting from the rooftops!
Dad is having his first ever respite week and it's been an emotional time for me.
I phoned yesterday evening to see how he is and although he refused to go to bed so slept on the sofa on Monday evening, on Tuesday morning he had a shower, shave and clean clothes, took his medication and was happy with no complaints?!
How?! Who cares!
The most expensive shower in the world maybe but I'm tempted to send him regularly for this alone

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Brilliant
It is these things that matter so much
Maybe they have a trick to share with you?
Maybe a morning care visit to get him up and ready for the day when back at home (sorry can't remember if he already has one) will take the stress from you - especially as he's proved amenable.

Dimelza

May 28, 2013
I'll definitely ask how they've managed it. He does have a morning call to get him up but refuses to budge. They just encourage but not very well!

looviloo

May 3, 2015
Cheshire
Excellent! It's things like this that make all the difference, isn't it? I hope you get some hints and tips, and maybe even the help you need, to continue this trend ;-).

My dad is in a care home and still complains that they make him shower... once a week!