Therapy

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

Just letting you know that I saw my youngest brother yesterday when he signed the letter asking for dad's will to be released and he is frustrated that everything can't move faster. He said he has no money coming in but I know he and his partner have some benefits and they are doing some art workshops (they are both artists). I decided not to mention my diagnosis at this point because I felt sorry for him.

Anyway my friend said I should have told him about my anxiety/depression we spoke about me getting a suitable place and said things will probably happen quickly now. The Probate said to allow eight weeks but I am towards my own goals for now. I know this selfish of me but I have my own agenda and the reason why I am not saying anything until at least is because I feel I will be pushed if I tell my brothers that I have certain dates in mind.

MaNaAk

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
I think you are being very sensible about things @MaNaAk
Your brother sounds as though it would be best to play your cards close to your chest and tell him as little as possible.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Thankyou @canary. It's very sad that things are like this. It was good to speak to him face to face but you can't rush these things. He wondered the solicitors needed a signed letter and identification documents and I explained that they needed to make that we are who we say we are after all they doing their job of looking out for dad! The Probate office are doing the same!

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
hello MaNaAk would he use your diagnosis to add more pressure on to you about the house. you can only go by the rules and time frame set by the solicitor / probate office and he will have to do the same

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
I know @jennifer1967 and not to mention the lockdown. I am back at the shop teaching Piano and Violin but continually adjusting my timetable. I get the impression that my self-employed brothers are so used to working for themselves that they don't like it when they can't get what they want.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I know @jennifer1967 and not to mention the lockdown. I am back at the shop teaching Piano and Violin but continually adjusting my timetable. I get the impression that my self-employed brothers are so used to working for themselves that they don't like it when they can't get what they want.

MaNaAk
good that you are teaching again

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Hello Everyone.

We are now waiting for our brother to sign the letter asking for the WILL to be released before I can arrange collection and send it to the Probate office. We have been told to allow eight weeks for completion I have only told friends that I am seeing a therapist and what my agenda is.

I may need your continued support as I see this to the end.

MaNaAk

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
Glad you've made the first step and got help @MaNaAk . Both your brothers sound so focused on their needs that they aren't thinking about yours at all.
Hope now the process has been put in train all three of you can start to move forward.

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
What sort of time frame are you looking at ? Does it come anywhere close to his?

have you viewed any more properties? Keep looking forward.

If the time frame for getting the property on the market is 8 weeks, are you aiming for that? Could take weeks/months to sell or sell in the blink of an eye.

MaNaAk

Jun 19, 2016
Essex
Well done you! At the beginning I found this another hurdle. Now you should relax a bit.

MaNaAk

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
Well done you! At the beginning I found this another hurdle. Now you should relax a bit.

MaNaAk
such a lot of work to organise but im so glad i did it , have told my husbands sister[shes older than him] that i will talk to her about anything my husband may need

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anita1968