Therapeutic Creativity

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I thought it would be good to start a thread on how creativity is good therapy after we discussed this topic in the chat room today!

I enjoy doing lots of different crafts and thought people might get some ideas of creative activities they can do and also a place to show each other what we are doing to inspire each other

here's one of my photos as a starter!

Attachments

• P1240718.JPG
    P1240718.JPG
    149.7 KB · Views: 1,326

Eternity

Jul 17, 2013
London
Fantastic idea. Sorry missed chat room. Totally agree with you. I will posts our creative designs soon once i figure it out

xx

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I thought it would be good to start a thread on how creativity is good therapy after we discussed this topic in the chat room today!

I enjoy doing lots of different crafts and thought people might get some ideas of creative activities they can do and also a place to show each other what we are doing to inspire each other

here's one of my photos as a starter!

That was quick Sarah, I always see a whale in that picture:)

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Wolfsgirl sorry I can't see whatever it is.but it sounds good

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Pookie

Dec 29, 2011
Now I see her.she is beautiful. If only:)

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Talking Point mobile app

Oxy

Jul 19, 2014
WG, that is brilliant. It would be so good to have brief details about which mixed media were incorporated. Like they have in galleries. Such an interesting piece of work.

Wolfsgirl

Oct 18, 2012
Nr Heathrow, Mum has AD & VD
Thanks Oxy, Pookie and everyone my first attempt so I probably went overboard using so many different bits and pieces, smothered everything with white paint then used all sorts of techniques to add colour - had to involve paint because I teach painting classes and it will always be my favourite.

This just evolved and I cannot teach it because it is like jazz music in a way...Painting takes me to another place without problems, worries or anything nasty!

:D

WG, that is brilliant. It would be so good to have brief details about which mixed media were incorporated. Like they have in galleries. Such an interesting piece of work.

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
How great that we can encourage each other whether we have dementia or are a carer, with our creative outpourings.

I ordered a book after the chat room talk from ebay on felting and embroidery

Cant wait to make a start!

I also got inspired to order the photos for a friends wedding album:)

Barry

Oct 14, 2006
Indonesia
Oh dear Sarah I do apologize as I was thinking and sure in my mind that your chat session was this Thursday :confused: and yesterday I was in discussions on another (Virtual memory café) and also in discussions with the newly formed (Alzheimer Indonesia) and making plans for ‘Dementia and Alzheimer’s week’ but by the sounds of it from what I read you had a good chat meeting…
Best wishes
Barry

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
I'm sorry I missed the session Sarah :(

In my defence it was not a good day, one way and another.....

However...I do agree that crafting can be so good for the soul. I saw this recently on another forum: "knitting keeps our hands busy so our minds can rest". Well it was words to that effect, anyway ;)

Sorry again to have missed the chat room session

Lindy xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I made some loom band elasitic
Bracelets today
Sent from my GT-S5570 using Talking Point mobile app

What is this loom band craze Sarah? I see these packs of tiny coloured lookalike rubber bands and crochet hooks. What do you do with them?

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
My 5 year old great grandson makes them and I am the proud owner of a few brightly coloured ones that he has made. He has a small plastic type loom. The bands are stretched over the pegs and then looped over each other making a length of woven bands. Same concept and result as we used to get with a cotton reel and four little tacks hammered into the top. Using knitting wool and looping it over the tacks we produced a rope like length of material. We called it corking.

Jay

Pickles53

Feb 25, 2014
Radcliffe on Trent
My 5 year old great grandson makes them and I am the proud owner of a few brightly coloured ones that he has made. He has a small plastic type loom. The bands are stretched over the pegs and then looped over each other making a length of woven bands. Same concept and result as we used to get with a cotton reel and four little tacks hammered into the top. Using knitting wool and looping it over the tacks we produced a rope like length of material. We called it corking.

Jay

Oh that's we used to call French knitting, no idea why. Our local out-of-school club had the kids making loom band poppies which were used in the village commemoration of WW1. The guy who invented loom bands after watching his kids play with elastic bands is apparently now a multi millionaire - I need an idea like that!;);)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JL513