the worst

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Sympathies

Deepest sympathies to you - Thankfully you were with your Mum and you know now that she is at peace. You have been terrific in your care for her and we can all learn so much from you. Very best wishes BeckyJan

Stimpfig

Oct 15, 2005
Germany/India
Dear David

You will always be at peace in the knowledge that you were with her till the very last and that you did all you could. And your mother went knowing that you cared so much and that you were by her side.

Thinking of you,

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
thx all, I remember last night, she smiled at me, knew me and reached for my hand and squeezed it.
She was moved to ward 27 btw, where they all knew her over the past 5 yrs thru her arthritis probs.
When she'd gone they gave me time and when i was about to leave they all hugged and and told me stories of times mum had been in before, and what she'd said about me, that was so comforting

hugs
David

Sandy

Mar 23, 2005
Dear David,

So sorry to read your sad news. It's so good that you were with her at the end. I'm glad that you felt well supported by those who knew and treated your mum at the hospital.

Take care,

Sandy

janew

Mar 28, 2005
Dear David,

Just wanted to send you my condolences. Will be thinking of you.

Jane

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
So sorry David. I'm so pleased that you have that special smile to remember though. What a precious moment for you.

Amy

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Dear David

I am sad you have lost your beloved Mum, but so glad you have that last smile and holding hands to cherish.

Your Mum must have been so proud of you, you were a very special son to her.

God bless you both, look after yourself.

Kathleen
x

Michael E

Apr 14, 2005
Ronda Spain
David so sorry to hear your news - so sad - you will miss her so much but at least you were there, so she was not alone.

Bet she knew somehow -

take care - thinking of you

Michael

Lynne

Jun 3, 2005
Suffolk,England
David,
I'm glad your Mum's passing was peaceful, & that she knew she was cherished & loved at the end of her long journey.
Don't worry any more about the remarks made recently by misinformed or tactless people.
You know, as we do, that you did everything possible for her, and I hope that gives you peace.

Last edited:

Loiner

Oct 29, 2005
Leeds, UK
thanx all for the support. Been sorting things out as best I can, few arguments with my bro, all my responsability it seems. So, paperwork to sort, apply for a funeral payment from the social, the insurance mum had was not enough, its from the (70's wince). But am gonna carry out her wishes, inspite of my bro actually asking me to break a promise to mum (she's not around to know is she?) my aunt is coming from edinburgh with her family, great lot, so will hav some family support

hugs
David

zan

Jan 4, 2006
staffordshire
Dear David, Sorry to hear about the sad loss of your Mum. I lost mine in November and know how empty life can feel. Don't be afraid to cry , but also let yourself smile about all the happy memories. At first you might only see the last few days and months of her life but gradually you can see further into the past to the better times. I sometimes felt guilty that I could have done more, even though in reality we know we did our best. Now if ever I feel that way, I think of something good we shared or care that was given. You will find that there are much more of these memories. Thinking of you, Zan.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anne Paterson