The worst day of the year

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Margarita

If I'm not too late (so what's new?) good luck with the move. It's terribly stressful, I know, but once you're in the new house you'll have all the time in the world to get it how you want it.

Sorry about the boyfriend (and girlfriend), but you can do it! Think of it as a whole new start.

Love,

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Wheeeeeeheeeeee!

Just done the real age test. Chronological age 69.3, 'real age' 65!!!!!!!

So how come I feel so bl**dy?

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Just received my real age result!!!!! Actually 66.6 but they say 64 - I think they should add 10 yrs when someone ticks the Alz box.

Good look Marguerita hope all goes well for you.

Bad day for me - just agreed to stop David's day care x 2 days per week! I just cannot get him up in time for the collection and he says ' he does nothing all day' - the hassle of getting him there is hardly worth it.
What next. He doesn't always know who I am and he has just asked if his Mum and Dad were alive (they would be around 108 if still here).
Beckyjan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Jan

Sorry about the day care, but if it's causing so much hassle you're probably not getting any benefit from it.

What now? Do you get Crossroads? Maybe your husband wouldn't tolerate that either, but if you get a good carer, it works. John likes one of his, but not the other --and he lets her know!!!!

What about respite? You really need to talk to your SW and find out what the possibilities are.

I agree about adding 10 years for AD, it's so hard at this stage to know what to do for the best.

Love,

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Skye: RESPITE!!! I just do not know how to handle this. I think I have come to the conclusion I will wait awhile (cowardly I know). If any opportunities come up when I can talk to David sensibly about this I will - he will not remember but maybe something stays with him. If I go on about needing a break he will say 'where shall we go'. He cannot understand his mobility and his not going in a wheelchair makes it almost impossible to go out and about. We have just agreed a two night break with close friends, meeting in Evesham, on the understanding he does go in a wheelchair. Once we get over that I will consider the next step.

I must start looking up possible care homes for respite - it is going to be harder now he is not going to daycare.

Skye - how are you doing with 'respite' possiblities??
Best wishes Beckyjan

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Decision deferred, I'm afraid.

I'm glad I've done my NH visiting, it had been on my mind for so long. But I can't face the prospect of it yet. Like you, I'm now weighing up the options for a break for us both. I'm wondering if I dare risk a hotel, now his incontinence problems are under control. We'll see.

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
mel said:
Hi Maggie
If its any consolatoin I followed your link on "real age"......I'm 49 but come out as 66.8!!!!!:eek:
Love Wendy xx

Last year I went to a Naturopath and was given my "Real" age - about 12 years older than I was. So I followed the Naturopath's advice to the letter - did a "cleansing fast" (fresh fruit, fresh vegs, no meat, no milk, no caffeine, no alcohol, etc.) - and at my next test I was even older!!!! Decided then and there not to pay any attention to my "real" age and just struggle on as I am!!