The worst day of the year

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
How have you all been today??
This is supposed to be the worst day of the year,so I read.
Mine was not too bad how about you ?
Norman

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Norman
Better than I at first thought.
Mum and Dad's carer called in sick and care sevices sent a male carer. While this is good for Dad, Mum will have none of it, so I hurried to their house (next door) He was handling the situation very well, I got Mum dressed for daycare and from then on in everything went as normal:rolleyes:
Considering everything, I think things went very well for us to-day
Alfjess

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Norman

Not too bad, thanks. Beautiful bright sunny day, though cold. Lovely clear starry sky tonight.

John played up his carer while I was out shopping -- he doesn't like this one, she 'talks too much'! He's taken to getting her coat and telling her she can go!

Snow forecast -- but at least I've got lots of food in.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hi all, well I have certainly had a lot worse.

Must admit we did not have the nice weather like Hazel, it was bitterly cold and wet. Good excuse to turn the heating up, put the feet up, and make yet another cup of tea.

Love to all,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Norman, I`ve definitely had worse days than this. I was just about to go out while my husband watched the Andy Murray match when the heavens opened. This in the `dry` south east. So I stayed in and watched the match with him instead. Love Sylvia x

bel

Apr 26, 2006
coventry
worst day

hi norman
no not the worst day not good BUT thanks to all of you i can cuddle my hubby in bed tonight as i always do but not feeling cross with him
thank you
love bel xx

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
i've had worse

it snowed in the night, scattering of pretty snow on the edges of the city and on the fields and hills. so we took the dog out to walk up there. slid on ice on the bit of rough ground i park on out there, couldn't move the car, opened the drivers door to see sheer drop of narrow but deep gulley. wheels half off. no shifting it. so over 3 hours standing in cold waiting for someone to come and tow the car out :eek: not good.

having said that, if i'd done the same yesterday it would have caught me without my wallet, so no AA card or credit card and hardly any charge in my phone. and yesterday it was throwing it down with rain ......... so not that bad after all ;)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Norman
Not the best but not the worst.......

like hazel we had plenty of sun today....very cold and crisp but I find the sunshine after all the rain we've had is a real tonic:)

May

Oct 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Heard this one on the radio on the way in to work this morning... not one of my best days, but not the worst either... I'll settle for middling....

mocha

Feb 17, 2006
Lancs, England
Passable

Not too bad. First of all though Ron had his Review at the N.H cancelled because the S.W lives in Glossop and the roads were closed because of snow and then I got the notification of what I will be paying for Ron's Care in said N.H. Bad enough when you have worked all your life but could be worse. It leaves me with the same amount to pay all the household bills and his Ebixa.
It's been a glorious sunny day here in rainy Manchester and went out to lunch, soooo on the whole fairly good.

Nutty Nan

Nov 2, 2003
Buckinghamshire
Not too bad for us, either ................. just goes to show: you can't believe everything they tell you in the papers.
By the way: does anyone know when we can expect the best day of the year???

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Well I sigh the tenancy for new house today, had loads of anxiety attacks ,I forgot tenancy agreement when I went miles on the bus to sort housing benefit, then told it was wrong place anyway , then got phone call from mum respite home saying that mum been complaining of very cold feet , legs needs long stocks , can I pop in , then I got a right guilty attack as I said I do not drive and respite home is in surrey and I am in fulham, then went on to explain about the move also can they not put trouser on mum, carer said they put a blanket around mum legs, then told mum coming back on the 30, and I thought it was next Thursday , my SW on holiday so have to talk to duty to organise picking mum up or asking for a few more days and I can’t get hold of duty social worker today

The move is on Thursday ,my flat is a tip and I am doing this all alone , while teenager just potter around getting under my feet and are of no help , how the hell did I get myself in to this mess with the move ,

Still can’t get over leavening my wood flooring to move into a house with no flooring , 47 years old and having to start all over again, at lest mum will be happy , as I complain my mind out , I think of the positive , I try as I just have to what a better quality of life we all going to have living in a house that has a garden , room for a wheelchair so mum can get in out, still part of me is happy with the move , just the mess and organisation that go into it and thinking I can not find the squaws (sp) that when I took apart my settee, can’t find the hammer , can’t find anything that I took apart that needs to be put together when I move in new house . where a man when you need one .

I had an argument with boyfriend, so his not around no more, nor my so-called friend, Had an argument with her just after mum went to respite.

So from Thursday 25 phone is cut of , till 29th when BT can come into trun me back on line, oh I better not forget to tell AOL I am moving as they have to organise broadband on new line , Tomorrow am going to be more busy helping take metal beds apart, so they be all ready for the removals. So yes am going to miss you all till next week , and AOL better sort my broadband for Monday 29th if not >>>>>>> :mad: say no more.

Yes I could say its not been a good day for me

PS Oh you got to laugh to TOP it all I done a heath check on my real age and I am 61:eek: lol :) , because of all the stress , great advice in how to improve my heath and its all FREE advice, takes a few hours for test to come back in email , but it really good

http://www.realage.com/index.aspx

Last edited:

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Maggie,
Come on, take a deep breath - you can do this.
I can remember a few years back when I was having to start all over again, some friends were also moving and talking about how this was going to be their last house, they would retire into it (they were only in their 30's). I found it quite sad - I was looking at new beginnings, they were looking at the beginning of the end.
You have a new beginning Maggie - grasp it. Wooden floor? Let it go - there will be so much that you can do in time with your new home, and as you say, it will be better for mum, and who needs a wooden floor when in the summer you will be able to sit outside in the garden?
I would try and contact a SW tomorrow, explain about the move, and how you just don't feel that you can cope with mum before.... - well whenever you think she is due back.
Tell those teenagers of yours that you are struggling and that you really need their help with this - it is their home too. Whilst you cope alone they will let you cope - if they're anything like mine - but if you tell them you need their help, you might be pleasantly surprised.
We'll be waiting to hear from you on Monday, you know.
Love Helen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hi Maggie, All the best with your move.
Don`t envy those of us with a man. No disrespect to all the men on TP, BUT............ I`ve had a man for 44 years and moved 6 times. He went to work in the morning from one house and came home in the evening to another. End of story.
Looking forwards to hearing how you got on. Love Sylvia x

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Maggie
Good luck with the move........You are completely normal in feeling stressed when moving house.....I've only done it 3 times and that was enough:eek:
As for men........I'm afraid my husband is not too good on the DIY front.......he's ok for a bit of brute force......but then things usually get broken so I end up getting more stressed:eek: He put a cat flap in once(never again) and it wasn't straight so the cats had to tilt themselves sideways to get in............:rolleyes:
Love Wendy xx

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hi Margarita
Who needs a man? Although I have one, he has never been in the country when I have moved house. He has always worked abroad and even when abroad and we had to move company houses or countries, he was always offshore.
You can do it Girl Power
Hope you enjoy your new house and eventually the move will work out for the best for everyone. As for your teenagers Kick A--
Alfjess

Lila13

Feb 24, 2006
Hope the move goes well, Margarita.

I keep having nightmares that I am going to disintegrate under a heap of furniture before my mother's house can be sold. And I remember things that she used to say about certain other old ladies staying alone in houses which were not suitable for them when they could have gone and got suitable flats or bungalows near their daughters.

Lila

ann60

Nov 24, 2006
Australia
Margarita good luck with the move and remember home is what you make it and sorry to all those males out there but sometimes they just get in the way. Women know exactly where things need to go, sorry. Hope its cooler where you are for the move. Its very hot here 9 oclock at night and still 30 C. Went to the nursing home to visit mum today boy that air conditioning was nice. Nurses said she had a great day laughing and very happy, its so good to see. Ann

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Hi Maggie
If its any consolatoin I followed your link on "real age"......I'm 49 but come out as 66.8!!!!!:eek:
Love Wendy xx