"the word yes"

crums

May 22, 2004
shipley
hi havent posted for a while but just needed to talk tonight. i have just sat all evening listening to my hubby who has ad just saying the word yes every few minuets and it has driven me up the wall.Usually we can distact him but the kids are out at the pictures and ive been on my own so its really taken it out of me.Now i'm feeling guilty because i didnt have the patience with him tonight and i have put him to bed. Hopefully he'll stay in bed while i have a drink and wait for the boys to come home. Thanks for listening to me. clare

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Hello again Clare, nice to hear from you. Sorry you feel so low tonight.

Endless repetition can be so exhausting, and as you say, tonight you just could not distract him. Never, ever feel guilty, you are only human, and no one can be perfect all the time.

Enjoy your drink, hope the boys will be home soon. Hubby is tucked up in bed, so put your feet up for 20 mins. You have my permission. Take care now

crums

May 22, 2004
shipley
thank you connie and margarita for your replies yes i did put my feet up and had that drink. once again thank you for listening.hugs to you both clare

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
Hi Crums

Was wondering how your geting on . just read your Profile gosh your husband young 55 to have Alzheimer’s.

Just read your other posts , how did the week go when you had Respite ,did you go anywhere nice ? hope you've book another respite if you don't mind me saying

Last edited:

crums

May 22, 2004
shipley
my husband was 52 when first diagnose so its been very hard at times like it is for others. i now have respite every 5 to 6 weeks as he has got worse in the last 12months.No i didnt go a way but spend quality time with my sons who have just gone eighteen.Respite isnt easy but i know we have to do it and he his very well looked after.

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Clare,
Just read through your previous postings, to get an idea of who you are. That respite time must be very important for you and your boys - they and you need time that you can enjoy together, without the caring. (I am not saying that you do not enjoy the times with your husband.)
Now i'm feeling guilty because i didnt have the patience with him tonight
Couldn't help but smile at that. I brought my three sons up on my own a lot of the time, and occasionally bedtime was very early, because if not I would have screamed at them. We do what we have to do to cope. Didn't make me a bad mother, doesn't make you a bad wife - just the opposite- best for them to be safe in bed than on the receiving end of our tongues. So well done for handling it brilliantly!
Love Amy

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
with my sons who have just gone eighteen

Do you have twins?

if you Don’t mind me asking how your husband ?

How bad has he got in the last 12 mouths if its to upsetting to type about it I understand , in not getting back about that

crums

May 22, 2004
shipley
hi margarita yes we have twin boys . my husband has more bad days than good at the moment his speach is going hence the word "yes" all the time. also is mobilty is also going so he needs help at all times.at times he doesnt know who we are which as you know is very hard to comprehend. I gave up work 6month ago so that i could care for him at home the best i can which is a struggle but we do it together the boys and i. But as long as we can still smile and laugh i know we will get through ( yes at times its hard to do but we always try our best )Take care luv clare

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
suehart