The Wizard of AZ

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Mum loves listening to the soundtrack to 'The Wizard of OZ' and we have watched the film on numerous occasions.
The film was made over 60 years ago and is a wonderful fantasy story, for all ages.

Mum will often visit her own fantasy world of AZ and I am 'The Wizard' with no special powers and not always the right answers to her repetative questions.
Sometimes I join her in 'The Land of AZ' as it makes life easier and it hurts no-one.
I think she sometimes see me as 'The Wicked Witch of The West' especially when I am trying to encourage her to have a wash.

Janetruth x

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
'The Wizard of OZ'

I love the film , would not mind Joining your mother in her world of that film .

my mother keep watching the 3 Man , She use to watch it 24/7 , when going into late stages , and I really mean 24/7 , but then when given medication for late stages it all stop . I could not work out why she like it so much , must of been the music , now she watches it now then .

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
What a lovely post. It`s so good to hear how some humour can ease such a sad condition.

Long may your mother enjoy the Wizard of Oz. And long may you continue to be the Wicked Witch of the West.

One small word of advice. Make sure this fantasy doesn`t happen when you are having your windows cleaned. ;)

Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
janetruth said:
Mum will often visit her own fantasy world of AZ and I am 'The Wizard' with no special powers and not always the right answers to her repetative questions.

I think you do have very special powers! It's wonderful that you are entering into your mum's world of AZ, and although you're sometimes the Wicked Witch (aren't we all?), I'm sure you're the Wonderful Wizard most of the time.:)

Love,

lovdn2

Jul 24, 2007
janetruth said:
'The Wicked Witch of The West' especially when I am trying to encourage her to have a wash

If you do succeed in getting her to have a wash.............watch out..........water dissolved the Wicked Witch of the West.

Good excuse to go and buy a nice shiny red pair of shoes though!

Keep it up, if it works and saves your sanity, it has to be a good plan.

Thank you for a happy and positive post.

xx

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
YesThanks for your replies.

Margarita,
You are the voice of many years of experience, looking after your Mum, your posts, with all their humour are inspirational. I can now empathise with your situation. It's music and humour that keep me going and of course TP, thanks.

Sylvia
I don't need to be play acting when the window cleaner is here, he already knows I'm from another Planet (Ma's).

Hazel,
Yes, I try to be 'The Wizard' most of the time and do my impression of 'The Wicked Witch of the West' when I am by myself.

Lovdo2,
I often have a melt down without any water and I wish a pair of red shoes would take ALL AZ sufferers HOME at the click of the heels.

I hope you are all well.
Take Care
Bye for now
Janetruth x