The Trouble With Trees

ScarletPimple

Mar 16, 2018
Hi all,
My mum is nutty about her trees.
She used to be a constant and very knowledgeable gardener.
Now at 87 she's forgotten most of what she used to know, now her love of the garden has turned into an unjustified hatred of one of our neighbours.
Every fallen tree, every dropped branch during a storm, is him; climbing over the fence to chop, saw, or otherwise damage our trees.
(He's also in his late eighties, there's no way he can climb fences. Lol!)
The trees that she's going on about now, fell down 5 years ago during a storm. They are too dangerous for my husband to attempt to cut off, or he'd have dealt with them before now.
So...
She says she's going in to town to talk to the council to find out what she can do about our neighbour.
She SAYS she's going to talk to the council in 'Hollytrees'.
Now... 'Hollytrees' is a museum in our town. I don't THINK there's any part of the council in that part of town, never mind in the museum.
And I think she must have forgotten the last time she talked to someone at the town hall about trees.
She told me he wasn't interested.
I don't blame him!
(In fact I marvel at his tolerance! )
But you can't stop her when she's like this. If you try, she just rings for a taxi and does it anyway.
If you don't try and laugh about it - you cry.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I sympathize. I can only suggest you get professional tree cutters in to deal with the trees, and tell your mum they're from the Council, if she questions it. Better yet would be if she could be out for the day while they are there working.

ScarletPimple

Mar 16, 2018
I sympathize. I can only suggest you get professional tree cutters in to deal with the trees, and tell your mum they're from the Council, if she questions it. Better yet would be if she could be out for the day while they are there working.
Unfortunately we just don't have the money for that.
My husband bought the tools and equipment to deal with it himself for that very reason.
And yes, when there's something he CAN deal with I take mum out.
What she doesn't see she doesn't get angry about.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Fell down 5 years ago, what kind of wood, are they dead, in the open and not near buildings, anybody nearby with a log burner and chainsaw who could help out?