• We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.

Find out more >here<.

The Train has stopped.

chrisdee

Nov 23, 2014
Yorkshire
Its with great sadness that I have to post that Mum passed away this Wednesday.
She was quite a fighter in her own way, but she lost heart I think after her hip operation. At some level I think she realised that she was now disabled, and really, really, did not want this and slowly stopped eating and drinking. I feel we have been on a runaway train on this exhausting journey, and that the train has now stopped. she was in a lovely Nursing Home who did well to accept her from hospital. Its a mercy she did not linger.
Christine.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm so sorry to read your news. I'm glad your mum is at peace and I wish you strength. x

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Its with great sadness that I have to post that Mum passed away this Wednesday.
She was quite a fighter in her own way, but she lost heart I think after her hip operation. At some level I think she realised that she was now disabled, and really, really, did not want this and slowly stopped eating and drinking. I feel we have been on a runaway train on this exhausting journey, and that the train has now stopped. she was in a lovely Nursing Home who did well to accept her from hospital. Its a mercy she did not linger.
Christine.
So sorry to hear your sad news Christine . My condolences to you and your family x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point