The test thread

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Now this is weird - all posts made since last Thursday also indicate the time they were posted next to the date. Older ones don't. I can't figure out whether this just couldn't be saved for older posts or whether this is a new thing now and the time will only be displayed for the last seven days?

DMac

Jul 18, 2015
Surrey, UK
Just testing :);):D:eek::rolleyes::D!!

...I wondered where the emojis went. I found them in the formatting bar right above this text box.

Right. I can go to bed happy now!

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Is there an option to change the number of posts per page?
Not that came up during testing but it would be good as there aren’t many per page are there.
It was possible in the old site.

I don’t like the reply space at the bottom of every page as it’s too easy to assume that is the end of the thread and post in the wrong place.
@SerenaS

Pete R

Jul 26, 2014
Staffs
Not that came up during testing but it would be good as there aren’t many per page are there.
It was possible in the old site.

I don’t like the reply space at the bottom of every page as it’s too easy to assume that is the end of the thread and post in the wrong place.
@SerenaS
I agree with the last part. I see no need for it as you could post and then the question/point has already been made a couple of pages on.:)

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I agree with the last part. I see no need for it as you could post and then the question/point has already been made a couple of pages on.:)
Yep, also agree with this. I know we should and can scroll down to make sure there aren't further replies, but that reply box sitting right there is very tempting!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If you want to 'reply to member' to a post on other than the last page you want the text box visible.

You have two indications if there are further pages.
Above the format bar on the left there is the list of page numbers and on the right the number of remaining post is displayed..

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
If you want to 'reply to member' to a post on other than the last page you want the text box visible.

You have two indications if there are further pages.
Above the format bar on the left there is the list of page numbers and on the right the number of remaining post is displayed..

Well spotted Nitram! However, after - how many weeks here testing? - I have never noticed these and they are very small! There again a number of important things are too but that’s probably just me!

Incidentally, or rather not at all incidentally, I had no TP emails awaiting me today!
I hope you were the same.
Now to set the ones I do want - but must walk the dog first!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Incidentally, or rather not at all incidentally, I had no TP emails awaiting me today!
I hope you were the same.

One particular thread still sends them when asked not to, it's 'first impressions',I am the thread starter so I tried another thread that I started, 'change a letter in 5 game, it does not.

Also not all watched threads are causing an alert, this one does not, the 'Irish meet up' does.
@SerenaS

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
One particular thread still sends them when asked not to, it's 'first impressions',I am the thread starter so I tried another thread that I started, 'change a letter in 5 game, it does not.

Also not all watched threads are causing an alert, this one does not, the 'Irish meet up' does.
@SerenaS
Ooooer I wonder what on earth is happening in Ireland to cause an alert for you!

I have red flag alerts for this thread. Not sure why as I’ve opted out of all alerts but am happy to receive them just as long as I don’t get the emails!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for your comments on the blue arrows. We're looking into this at the moment and will hopefully have something in place soon.

I'm not sure about the option to change posts per page @Pete R - think it might be a global setting. Let me look into it.

About where the 'reply to thread' button comes, I'll take a look at that.

Sorry to hear about the watched thread issues, @nitram. Please let me know if they persist.

--

When I say 'I'll take a look at that', it involves the following: checking if the issue can be reproduced, identifying the problem, is it an issue or a change in the software, what are our options for changes and how do we balance what's most useful and what's workable whilst not making things more difficult to use for others... So it can take a while ;)

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
seamills harbour lo res.jpg

Just testing the photo upload, since it was such a nice day for it. Did someone say the full page display is coming back or will we only have a thumbnail click now?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
View attachment 56601

Just testing the photo upload, since it was such a nice day for it. Did someone say the full page display is coming back or will we only have a thumbnail click now?
It is just a glitch Rob, as it worked perfectly for some time during testing.
For now, if you click on the picture it will show a larger version.
Click on the arrow you then see and will be the full image.

Alternatively, download photo to an album via the ‘Add media’ option under the blue Media heading.
Then you can click on the 4th icon to the right of the smilie face in the formatting bar and you will have a larger picture plus access to all the photos stored in that particular album.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I seem to have the Chat room as one line at the bottom of my iPad page like the attached photo. Is this permanent or can I get rid of it please?

Attachments

• IMG_0831.PNG
    IMG_0831.PNG
    610.9 KB · Views: 443

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I'm sorry if this has been asked elsewhere, but I seem to have the Chat room as one line at the bottom of my iPad page like the attached photo. Is this permanent or can I get rid of it please?

It's permanent unless the feature is withdrawn.
It seems to affect some users more than others, I hardly notice it on a laptop.
It has an obvious use for things like 'expert Q&A', maybe it could only be enabled for this if it causes distress to too many users if permanently present.

Dazmum

Jul 10, 2011
Horsham, West Sussex
Thanks nitram! It doesn't really bother me. I am finding my way around now and like the new look, especially the ability to add photos without having to mess about with the sizing!