The test thread

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

Thanks for sharing your feedback.

Full size images - we're aware of this issue and looking into it. :)

@DMac and @jenniferpa could you please check again to see if older posts can be found?

For other issues, please do note them on the FAQ thread and we will try to respond to you as soon as we can.

Thanks,

Serena

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
@Celia my first time on new TP and using my tablet which I have always found difficult. However I tapped your thumbnail and got a full size photo of your beautiful flowers, thanks .
Glad you enjoyed @sajimjo - they were not only beautiful flowers but I had gone into a (then) local superstore where they had a late night reduction on lots of flowers so I bought several bunches. I think from memory that collection cost under 50p!

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
@Saffie, Yes of course Saffie, much more important matters than uploading photos have top priority. Everything that brought us all to TP. Admin may well be feeling the pressure too... a huge undertaking.
I'm afraid I am totally clueless about URLs.
I did click on the 4th icon to right of smiley and got my laptop Pictures folder up so some progress for this ignoramus!
Must get off, important things to do and time, time... waits for no man, or woman!
Loo x

Hello Loo,

I can see one of your albums, so it should just be a case of finding where it is.

If you click on search media (also available at Media > Search media on the main menu) and type your username in where you see 'posted by member' you should be able to find images.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
Can I just say I find the blue up/down arrows on the left hand side, while useful, a distraction and annoyance. Can anything be done to make them more unobtrusive?

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi @nita

Thanks for your feedback. We introduced it to help people on touchscreens viewing longer threads. The arrow only appears for a couple of seconds, to help people whose reaction speeds are slower.

Is is too large? Would it help if we made it a little smaller?

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Yes I can see all my posts now under "Your content". Actually, shouldn't that read "my content"? Cos, well, it's my content, not yours

Compare
To proceed please enter your password
It's the system talking to you.

nita

Dec 30, 2011
Essex
I know it disappears but then it comes and goes and I find the flickering distracting. Not sure what can be done about it if you want to keep this feature, maybe smaller would help.

Also, I agree with another poster ( @Saffie?) who said they didn't much like the rolling chat line at the foot of the page. Could that have an x in the corner to close it?

Hi @nita

Thanks for your feedback. We introduced it to help people on touchscreens viewing longer threads. The arrow only appears for a couple of seconds, to help people whose reaction speeds are slower.

Is is too large? Would it help if we made it a little smaller?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I know it disappears but then it comes and goes and I find the flickering distracting. Not sure what can be done about it if you want to keep this feature, maybe smaller would help.

Also, I agree with another poster ( @Saffie?) who said they didn't much like the rolling chat line at the foot of the page. Could that have an x in the corner to close it?
Not me at all. I love the chat line at the bottom and it has been my preferred mode of entry all the time we've been testing!
@nita

Amethyst59

Jul 3, 2017
Kent
I'm not keen on the blue arrow...I find it a distraction. Could it be either smaller and/ or constant? And I don't like the chat constantly there either. I don't remember seeing that on the test site. If I want to chat I am happy to 'enter' a chat room. It would be nice to have the option to make it disappear.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
The new software detects the device being used and alters the display accordingly.
For instance the sidebar seen on a laptop moves to the bottom on other devices with less screen width.

Do you have a problem with the display on your mobile?
If it's a big problem post some details of the problem together with details of phone and browser being used.

Last edited by a moderator:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Hello Loo,

I can see one of your albums, so it should just be a case of finding where it is.

If you click on search media (also available at Media > Search media on the main menu) and type your username in where you see 'posted by member' you should be able to find images.

@SerenaS. Thank you for taking the time to look, appreciated. I did come across my albums more by accident than anything else! Started a new one, with one photo meantime. To see what happens when uploaded to a post. Also changed from Owner only access to Members only - which I thought I'd done when created the previous albums.
I'll do what you say above, thanks.
Loo

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I don't mind them, there's not much scrolling to do on a laptop especially as long quotes are truncated with an expand option

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
The blue arrow is only visible for short periods and I’d not even noticed it until it was pointed out when we were testing the site. It still doesn’t impinge on my vision of the screen.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951