The test thread

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Loo, the ' full image ' not working is a glitch which is known to admin and they will fix it eventually.
If you want an alternative way of inserting an image - though not full sized it is larger, then
use the 4th icon along to the right from the smilie face above and it will insert a photo and via the 'information tag' a link to your other photos in any one album
To create an album. Go to Media on top - add media and create an album then add your photos to it.
Make sure you make the album 'Members only' as if 'Owner only' they won't be able to be seen by other even within a post.
Hope this helps.
@nitram@Saffie. Thanks to both of you for your advice. Only on for a quick look as waiting for a carer, then later someone else. Once things quieten down I will do more 'experimenting'. I take it that you have to have an album on TP and put your photos to be included in posts there? Rather than the previous method when they could be uploaded from the Pictures folder on the computer?
A relief that it is a glitch and not a permanent way of uploading photos. Thanks again.
Loo x

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
@Loopiloo

As a work around until the full screen bug is fixed you can simple copy a displayed image and paste into the text box, this

full

was copied from a image in my album and then pasted in the text.

@nitram. That is interesting... thanks again.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
@nitram@Saffie. Thanks to both of you for your advice. Only on for a quick look as waiting for a carer, then later someone else. Once things quieten down I will do more 'experimenting'. I take it that you have to have an album on TP and put your photos to be included in posts there? Rather than the previous method when they could be uploaded from the Pictures folder on the computer?
A relief that it is a glitch and not a permanent way of uploading photos. Thanks again.
Loo x

No Loo, you only need an album of photos stored onTP if you are using that top icon.
'Uploading a file' from below your post uploads one from your own photos on your computer, iPad or whatever.
At the moment they are thumbnail but full image should be available once the glitch has been sorted.
I think admin are more concerned about people being able to access the help and support they need at present though, as photos, lovely though they are, are not quite as important in the present circumstances.
If you know the URL of a photo you can insert them via other icons at the top too or the 'More options' below - but I never do know them!
I'm sure you'll get the hang of things soon.
@Loopiloo

Last edited:

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
20150817_200647.jpg

Ah, I uploaded from below the post and chose full image (using an image from my tablet) Isn't that working now?

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
@Loopiloo
I've checked all media Loo and your's isn't there. So if you've saved it, it must be as Owner only and for other members to see photos in your posts it needs to be categorised as Members only. Anyone is an option too but that means non-members will see it.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Just found that my time zone has changed to
2017-09-27_100924_cr.png

I've changed it to

2017-09-27_101047_cr.png

Don't think it matters much as both say UTC

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
No Loo, you only need an album of photos stored onTP if you are using that top icon.
'Uploading a file' from below your post uploads one from your own photos on your computer, iPad or whatever.
At the moment they are thumbnail but full image should be available once the glitch has been sorted.
I think admin are more concerned about people being able to access the help and support they need at present though, as photos, lovely though they are, are not quite as important in the present circumstances.
If you know the URL of a photo you can insert them via other icons at the top too or the 'More options' below - but I never do know them!
I'm sure you'll get the hang of things soon.
@Loopiloo

@Saffie, Yes of course Saffie, much more important matters than uploading photos have top priority. Everything that brought us all to TP. Admin may well be feeling the pressure too... a huge undertaking.
I'm afraid I am totally clueless about URLs.
I did click on the 4th icon to right of smiley and got my laptop Pictures folder up so some progress for this ignoramus!
Must get off, important things to do and time, time... waits for no man, or woman!
Loo x

L

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
[
@Saffie, Yes of course Saffie, much more important matters than uploading photos have top priority. Everything that brought us all to TP. Admin may well be feeling the pressure too... a huge undertaking.
I'm afraid I am totally clueless about URLs.
I did click on the 4th icon to right of smiley and got my laptop Pictures folder up so some progress for this ignoramus!
Must get off, important things to do and time, time... waits for no man, or woman!
Loo x L

When you have time Loo. Go to Media at the top of the screen and then click on the same blue Media again.
You will see all the media albums there and your recent one is not at the moment.
Once you make it Members only it will be there.
However if you scroll through the pages of images you will see some of your old photos from July 2015!
@Loopiloo

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
@Celia my first time on new TP and using my tablet which I have always found difficult. However I tapped your thumbnail and got a full size photo of your beautiful flowers, thanks .
That's not as full- sized as it should be though better than the thumbnail.
When opting for the full- sized image when posting a picture, it should be much larger and without the black background. It has been and will be be eventually I'm sure once admin have managed to sort out the glitch.