• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can now be found in our new area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

The test thread

Molly6

Sep 20, 2017
@Molly6
You have to start typing @ followed by (without a space) a guess at the username, upper or lower case does not matter, you will get a dropdown enabling you to click on the member you want to alert. Make sure you choose the correct person, as you type in more letters the displayed list will decreased.
@nitram think I've got it thanks

nae sporran

Volunteer Host
Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I like this @alert feature and the watched threads. Probably a good idea to have deleted my experiment with bold and colours though :)

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I must be really thick or like you Izzy, tired, and should forget it tonight! It is about photos...

First, when I click on a thumbnail of someone's photo to see the larger one, I cannot see a way to return to the post. I have to close the usual way - red cross top right - and am off TP so have to start again from scratch. What am I missing?

I don't like the thumbnails. After reading Beate's post I checked my thread and was dismayed to see all my photos are, like hers, now thumbnails.

Do you have to have a photo album on TP before you can post a normal sized photo? Apart from a few there my photos are in Pictures folder on my laptop.

When I first came on late afternoon as I said on the Chat thread I tried to put a photo in a post on my thread without success. But went back and did do it and a normal sized photo appeared on my thread. Then I deleted it (meal time!).

Now from what I gather reading here this wont happen. I thought it quicker than previously.

13138979_10205023504585955_5541603803075811575_n.jpg

I did this photo by clicking on More Options then Upload a File. A thumbnail appeared with the option of Thumbnail or Full lmage - so I clicked on the latter- naturally! ;) But it still came up as a thumbnail. :confused:

Now I am too tired and perhaps I need to re-read with more care what has been written about photos.
Loo

Last edited:

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
I must be really thick or like you Izzy, tired, and should forget it tonight! It is about photos...

First, when I click on a thumbnail of someone's photo to see the larger one, I cannot see a way to return to the post. I have to close the usual way - red cross top right - and am off TP so have to start again from scratch. What am I missing?

I don't like the thumbnails. After reading Beate's post I checked my thread and was dismayed to see all my photos are, like hers, now thumbnails.

Do you have to have a photo album on TP before you can post a normal sized photo? Apart from a few there my photos are in Pictures folder on my laptop.

When I first came on late afternoon as I said on the Chat thread I tried to put a photo in a post on my thread without success. But went back and did do it and a normal sized photo appeared on my thread. Then I deleted it (meal time!).

Now from what I gather reading here this wont happen. I thought it quicker than previously.View attachment 56569

Now I am too tired and perhaps I need to re-read with more care what has been written about photos.

Loo

DMac

Jul 18, 2015
Surrey, UK
Hello,
I can't find my more recent posts. The 'content' and 'conversations' tabs under my personal icon sign seem to have some older posts > 1 year ago, but I can't find the recent ones. Any ideas?? Thanks!

jugglingmum

Jan 5, 2014
Chester
Hello,
I can't find my more recent posts. The 'content' and 'conversations' tabs under my personal icon sign seem to have some older posts > 1 year ago, but I can't find the recent ones. Any ideas?? Thanks!
I tried following the things and got to today's posts and then those from April. The converstaion bit is a personal message I think

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Yes conversation = personal message. Unlike PMs though, you can invite more than one person into a conversation thread if you want to.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Ok - it would appear that Dmac is not the only one who has a gap in their posting history - I do myself. But my posts are still there. I've reported this.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I've checked someone's posts earlier and while they had a certain number of posts, their profile would only bring up the two they had written since the new version.

I can also see my tiny profile pic on threads I have posted in to show me that I have posted in it, which is useful but it only shows on threads I have posted in since the new version - not older ones, which seems to suggest that the system has some syncing problem with posts before today.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I've checked someone's posts earlier and while they had a certain number of posts, their profile would only bring up the two they had written since the new version.

I can also see my tiny profile pic on threads I have posted in to show me that I have posted in it, which is useful but it only shows on threads I have posted in since the new version - not older ones, which seems to suggest that the system has some syncing problem with posts before today.
@Beate - I love your little hedgehog pic!! :):)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
Thank you kindly. It's like me - small and cute but bristly too. ;) We need to get you a good one too! :)

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fullltimejobandfulltimeca