1. Our next Q&A session is on the topic of Christmas and dementia.This time we want our Q&A to involve our resident experts, you! Share tips and advice on navigating Christmas here in this thread.

Pop by and post your questions or if you prefer you can email your question to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.
  1. Shedrech

Shedrech Volunteer Moderator

Dec 15, 2012
    Yorkshire
    #381 Shedrech, Jan 31, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2018
    oops - error

2. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  3. 2jays

2jays Registered User

Jun 4, 2010
    West Midlands
    In tempted to report this post :D

4. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    I reported it.
    The report was to alert admin/mods to something not related to my post,but to something else that did not have an associated post.
    As soon as I had made the report I realised that I need not have made a new post, I should have just used an existing one.

5. Amethyst59

Amethyst59 Registered User

Jul 3, 2017
    Female
    Kent
    Want to run that past us again?

6. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Yup - with emphasis

I reported it.
    The report was to alert admin/mods to something not related to my post,but to something else that did not have an associated post.
    As soon as I had made the report I realised that I need not have made a new post, I should have just used an existing one.

7. Saffie

Saffie Registered User

Mar 26, 2011
    Female
    Near Southampton
    Please don’t. My ears are ringing!

8. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Just trying!

No prizes for guessing where it is! 959FBB10-E9E1-4722-8BBB-C62D83CF996A.jpeg

9. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    And succeeding.

Nottingham?

10. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    You’re as close as you would be if you said Manchester! Last time I was in Nottingham was to watch one day of a Test Match in the late 1970s!

11. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    On a line orthogonal to the line joining Manchester and Nottingham and bisecting that line.

I'll have a look on a map.

12. CeliaW

CeliaW Registered User

Jan 29, 2009
    Hampshire
    Unsure if this where to say but the 'watched thread' function seems a bit flaky lately. I have a few marked for alert but not email.

One thing I wondered is whether it doesn't work if you are logged in and/or responding to another thread at the time?

It's still useful to look in the list for the eye symbol but thought worth a mention.

13. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Not just lately, it's never worked for me.

Several others have commented on it's inconsistency.

Unwatching and then watching again can fix it for a while, best do it on the threads as https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/watched/threads/all has it's own failings.

I've been round all the logged on/logged off, logged on with two systems, trying both heavily used threads and others in case system could not send out multiple alerts all to no effect.

After the switch it was requested that problems were reported on https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/threads/faqs.104329/
    As far as I know this is still the place so that problems can be analysed, collated, and hopefully solved.

14. TPtest3

TPtest3 Registered User

Aug 3, 2016
    Testing if links appear in quotes, I think they used to but a link was dropped in a recent quote.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news
    Just so link is not at end

15. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  16. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    #396 nitram, Mar 30, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    I keep getting 'you must wait 4 seconds before you take this action' if I hit 'reply' immediately after typing, typically on a one word reply to 'change one letter in 5'

I first tried a one word post here and did not get the message. Have edited to explain post.

If it happens again I'll try and get a screengrab before it vanishes.

17. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
    Testing @ mentions in edits

@TPtest3

It is working

18. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male