We're currently experiencing technical issues with our newsletter software, so our Dementia Talking Point monthly updates have been put on hold for now. We hope to restart the newsletter soon.
Find out more >here<.
2jays - Nitram is TPtest 3! It’s a name he adopted when we were doing the testing and did this talking to himself then too!Thank you nitram and TPtest3 and those unidentified for your hard work
Ah now I understand.I'm investigating watched threads alerts.
The only reliable way of checking 'Watched Threads' seems to be to go to https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/watched/threads
- They regularly fail if the recipient is logged out
- @jugglingmum and myself are having problems even when not logged out but with the browser closed.
- When logged out the members name vanishes from https://forum.alzheimers.org.uk/online/?type=registered immediately.
- When logged in with browser closed the name vanishes from this list after 15 minutes.
- The 'just trying something' post was with the recipient logged in and browser open. The 5,10,15,20 posts were times in approx minutes after closing the browser and staying logged in. I thought all except 20 might cause an alert. Only 'just trying something' did.
- On the ones that did not give you an alert. Were you logged on? Did you have your browser open?
The only flag alerts that I know I have missed have been watched thread, quotes, mentions, and tags do not seem to be affected.I have noticed that I miss some red flag alerts too.
You will automatically watch any thread you post in if you have enabledevery time I post on a thread the box at the bottom is ticked for an alert
That's correct, you don't get watched thread alerts for your own posts.I have to say I’m rather glad I don’t get a red flag for them all!
Does not work for me. Like @Beate and @2jays regardless of where I place the cursor the photo goes to the top.