The test thread

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I'm back on the Windows laptop, in touchscreen tablet mode, and comparing it directly to the iPad.

When you tap the reply box on the iPad, the popup keyboard takes up half the screen, which I suspect triggers the automatic hiding of the top blue header bar.Then if you do anything other than straightforward typing, that header bar unhides and the reply box inconveniently moves.

Whereas on the slight bigger laptop tablet screen, the pop up keyboard takes up less than half the screen, so the blue header bar remains throughout.

I've attached images of the same process taken on the two devicesView attachment 56842 View attachment 56844

I think you are describing a functionality glitch on the iPad.
Worth mentioning to Serena although I doubt if anything can be done about it especially in the short term.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
:eek::eek: The situation is getting as desperate as that?

I don't think I'd ever be that desperate. :D I'm not even sure there are manuals any more. If I have a technical issue, I usually seem to end up in some random forum as someone, somewhere, has usually had the same problem.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I think you are describing a functionality glitch on the iPad.
Worth mentioning to Serena although I doubt if anything can be done about it especially in the short term.

Tbh, I'm finding the laptop the best device right now, for various reasons, and I never thought anything would better my beloved iPad. The only downside is I need a slightly bigger handbag if I want to take it anywhere.....

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Now that everybody is talking about strange things happening on their screen here's something to try for a bit of fun.

Take a screenshot of a post in TP, use http://postimages.org/ or similar to give the image a URL upload it (using image- mountain view) then preview it.
For me the preview is active and you can click on the various links in it, you can even take another preview;
Have fun!!!!!

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I can now simulate a range of devices on my laptop.
Nothing on TV tonight except Gardeners' World and Dad's Army so I may have an in depth play.
This is how i see an iPad Pro

2017-10-14_114347.png

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Oh, @nitram ....your idea of fun and mine...do not coincide!!!

Have you tried it?
It can get confusing on how to delete it all,
You have to delete it or post it as 'restore previous content' is very good.
Posting it would not matter though as this is a test thread.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
I can now simulate a range of devices on my laptop.
Nothing on TV tonight except Gardeners' World and Dad's Army so I may have an in depth play.
This is how i see an iPad Pro

If that's the IPad Pro in portrait view, I doubt that you'd see the chat bar at the bottom.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
If that's the IPad Pro in portrait view, I doubt that you'd see the chat bar at the bottom.

Agreed no chat at the bottom, only way is via chat on the menu bar.
Better than having to find menu hamburger at top left to get a drop down containing 'chat'
Must see if I can get it into landscape, the pixel choice gets greyed out when I choose a definite device. Responsive allows TP to chose the UI and I can alter pixels, some strange results and no indication of what I'm simulating.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
Why can I see the chat bar on the image you posted then?

Because it's there!

When you said it should not be there I switched to iPad Pro and didn't see it, it's there now however.

After a while looking at these smaller screens and coming back to normal my first reaction is something's gone wrong the print is too big.

Chemmy

Nov 7, 2011
Yorkshire
On my android and IPad tablets, the bottom chat bar is visible in landscape, but not in portrait.

However, typing on a touchscreen in portrait is harder than in landscape as the pop up keyboard is smaller, but at least it gives users a choice.

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
I much prefer viewing TP in landscape.

Just tried Windows in portrait, don't like it.
Incidentally no chat bar.

Ctrl+Alt together then left or right arrow to make portrait
Ctrl+Alt together then up arrow to make landscape

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan