The shadow man

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
The
Shadow man

The shadow man, he knows my name, he follows me about. I never know when or where he will appear, but appear he does!! He used to only come at night, but now he follows me through the day, jumping out, screaming at me, and running at me as I have my meals. I wish the shadow man would go away, but I don’t think he will, he is too persistent, I know who he is, but I just can’t put a name to him, he is my Nemesis, he is ………………….

THE SHADOW MAN

He is very real to me. You can’t see the shadow man if you don’t have dementia, especially the Lewy Body’s type, as I have, and many others have. I am sure people just like me see this person, they may not call him the shadow man, but they know him, oh yes!! They know him. He is the one who I can see in the corner of my eye, lurking, always there, menacing and forbore-ding. The one who sometimes whispers obscenities in my ear, or SHOUTS and makes me jump a mile high. Why can nobody else see him? Why can some people not understand that he is very real to me?? Yesterday whilst I was walking through town he jumped right in front of me, screamed and ran away, I lashed out as to push him away, but as usual, I wasn't fast enough, I blinked, and he had gone, sneering at me , laughing at me, infuriating me !! I stood there in the middle of the town centre, arms flaying and wild-eyed, asking, NO Shouting at him to get out of my way, but nobody else could see him, only me, only me.

You can only imagine the looks I got from passers-by, the tutts, the nods and winks and sniggers, but not from my Angel Elaine, not from her, not once. She understands, she can’t see the shadow man like I can, but she understands, and she knows how to deal when the situation arises. Unfortunately it’s arising more often these days. The Shadow man is real, very real to me, and I hope and pray that he never comes to visit you my dear friends. I hope this little blog has helped you all, especially those dealing with any type of dementia, and more so it has helped you understand, just a little more.

Best Wishes, Norrms and family xxxxxxxxxxx
Diagnosed with dementia 7 yrs ago aged just 50

PLEASE SHARE

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh norms , you give me such an insight which helps me to understand what my OH might be seeing or feeling . Thank you so much :) I wish the shadow man would leave you alone and go back to where he came from! Hugs to you x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

starryuk

Nov 8, 2012
I hope this little blog has helped you all, especially those dealing with any type of dementia, and more so it has helped you understand, just a little more.

...not just a little more, Norms, but a lot more.

Thank you.

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
Absolutely fine thank you my friend, just setting off the Surrey to do a presentation to a group of funeral homes re dementia, then down to Hampshire tomorrow to do the same, then back to torquay LOL apart from that ?? LOLL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
On the road again xxxxxx

Good morning all, just on for a hour or so before we set off for the Fox and hounds in Woking to do a presentation at 4.30pm for a group of Funeral Directors. There are over 90 different Funeral directors in the group around the UK so this is the first part, and then we travel to Hampshire tomorrow, to Ringwood (Grey friars community centre) to do the same at 4pm.
Its been a great success here in Torbay as the more they understand about this disease the more they can deal with family at the very end of the Journey . this is so important as the funeral directors will be the last people the family sees and need all the help available.
Will be off line later till Wednesday morning, Stay safe, stay well, and most of all STAY FRIENDS xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Absolutely fine thank you my friend, just setting off the Surrey to do a presentation to a group of funeral homes re dementia, then down to Hampshire tomorrow to do the same, then back to torquay LOL apart from that ?? LOLL xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Gosh you are busy and for such a good cause too :) admiration Norms I am full of admiration . Enjoy your presentation xx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
old ginger