The saddest visit so far

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Oh Jezzer, what an awful shock for you! I do hope you find your mum in a better state tomorrow, or at least that the GP can offer some insight.
(((Hugs)))
Lindy xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Hope the GP can ease your concerns tomorrow Jezzer and I hope you can get some rest tonight.
What a shock for you and how quickly things change.
Will be thinking of you and your Mum, sending love and hugs xxxxx
Thanks so much @Prudence9. I'm still wide awake with a racing brain. Hoping sleep will come - it's the only escape from this nightmare. I hope mum isn't frightened - I told her today not to worry and that everything will be fine. I know when the time comes, dad will be waiting for her after 52 years apart. x

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Oh Jezzer, what an awful shock for you! I do hope you find your mum in a better state tomorrow, or at least that the GP can offer some insight.
(((Hugs)))
Lindy xx
Thank you Lindy. I'm sure she's suffered some thing since yesterday Maybe a TIA? We'll see what GP says. I'm haunted by the thought of her laying there frightened. Xxx

Lindy50

Dec 11, 2013
Cotswolds
Thank you Lindy. I'm sure she's suffered some thing since yesterday Maybe a TIA? We'll see what GP says. I'm haunted by the thought of her laying there frightened. Xxx

I'm sorry Jezzer, you must be so worried. Do try to get some rest tonight if you can.
Thinking of you
Lindy xx

Luckylisa

Jun 1, 2018
Oh Jezzer, I'm so sorry to hear this. It all sounds so familiar to me having just been through it over the last couple of weeks. For us when there were changes in Mum every day I knew we were on the final journey. That may not be where you are at with your precious Mum, but if it is, don't be fearful, it's so hard, but in the end just be there with her. I put moisturiser on her face and Vaseline on her lips, held her hands and talked and talked. This week with everything so raw I can't tell you what a comfort it is knowing I spent that special time with Mum. You know I had my concerns about medication and the decisions being made, but in the end I do believe the CH and the GP knew what they were doing, they are so experienced at this. I do hope everything goes better today for you, your brother and your Mum. You are very much in my thoughts. Sending big hugs to you. Lisa xxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Oh Jezzer, I'm so sorry to hear this. It all sounds so familiar to me having just been through it over the last couple of weeks. For us when there were changes in Mum every day I knew we were on the final journey. That may not be where you are at with your precious Mum, but if it is, don't be fearful, it's so hard, but in the end just be there with her. I put moisturiser on her face and Vaseline on her lips, held her hands and talked and talked. This week with everything so raw I can't tell you what a comfort it is knowing I spent that special time with Mum. You know I had my concerns about medication and the decisions being made, but in the end I do believe the CH and the GP knew what they were doing, they are so experienced at this. I do hope everything goes better today for you, your brother and your Mum. You are very much in my thoughts. Sending big hugs to you. Lisa xxx
Lisa - I can hardly believe this. I was just thinking about you and then receive this message! I can't tell you how much it means to me especially when you have just lost your dear Mum. Thank you so much. You really are a Special person; small wonder your mum loves you so much. I say "loves" rather than "loved" because I believe when our bodies die, our spirit lives on. I've just rung the CH and they managed to get mum to take fluids in the night and she was calling out which is normal for her. Yesterday she pulled her hands away from me and my stroking her head was clearly agitating her. Not once did she face me, her head was turned to the wall and she even put her hand over her face at one point. I wonder if she doesn't want me to see her like this? I don't know. The GP is definitely seeing her today so we'll see what comes of that. How are you coping my friend? I guess you are busy doing all the things that have to be done. It must feel so strange. I am glad being with your mum has brought you a little comfort. I hope you are looking after yourself and managing to get some rest? I am so, so glad to hear from you and though we've never met, consider you a friend and a beautiful selfless one at that. To be thinking of me at such a raw, sad time for you. Sending (((hugs))) back to you and my love too. Thank you from my heart xxx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Good afternoon all
Just an update on mum. I arrived to find her fast asleep but today her face was relaxed and my whispered "I love you mum" brought about a smile and I was able to hold her hand without her pulling away. The GP came and although unable to wake her, gave her a good examination. There are no signs of infection which rules that out. She will sometimes take a little food, sometimes not, so as the GP said, were they to test her blood, there would likely be deficiencies due to her varying wish for food. I said to the GP - who was lovely, which helps! - that my brother and I would just like her to be comfortable and pain free. She was in complete agreement but said that should mum appear to be in pain and/or become distressed, she, or another GP from the surgery will visit again. It is sadly just the progression of the disease and she said that although she and the other GPS see this all the time, she appreciated and understood how distressing it is for us. I am grateful that nothing more sinister is happening and that she is in good hands. Thank you for listening and for your support and, for those experiencing the same thing, I send my love and empathy. This is so very hard isn't it? Take care all x

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Good afternoon all
Just an update on mum. I arrived to find her fast asleep but today her face was relaxed and my whispered "I love you mum" brought about a smile and I was able to hold her hand without her pulling away. The GP came and although unable to wake her, gave her a good examination. There are no signs of infection which rules that out. She will sometimes take a little food, sometimes not, so as the GP said, were they to test her blood, there would likely be deficiencies due to her varying wish for food. I said to the GP - who was lovely, which helps! - that my brother and I would just like her to be comfortable and pain free. She was in complete agreement but said that should mum appear to be in pain and/or become distressed, she, or another GP from the surgery will visit again. It is sadly just the progression of the disease and she said that although she and the other GPS see this all the time, she appreciated and understood how distressing it is for us. I am grateful that nothing more sinister is happening and that she is in good hands. Thank you for listening and for your support and, for those experiencing the same thing, I send my love and empathy. This is so very hard isn't it? Take care all x
@Luckylisa Morning. Hope you are managing to get some rest at what I know is a difficult but busy time. I'm just forwarding yesterday's message as you were so kind enough to say you were thinking about me. I really thought our mum's were going to leave us at about the same time but it was not to be. I'm thinking about you Lisa and sending love and hugs Jan xxx

Luckylisa

Jun 1, 2018
@Luckylisa Morning. Hope you are managing to get some rest at what I know is a difficult but busy time. I'm just forwarding yesterday's message as you were so kind enough to say you were thinking about me. I really thought our mum's were going to leave us at about the same time but it was not to be. I'm thinking about you Lisa and sending love and hugs Jan xxx
Thank you Jan that's really thoughtful of you. I ended up taking the week off, I just feel so stressed out, then today my laptop broke and all the photos I had of Mum and Dad dating back to the 60s are lost. I'm at the PC repair shop to see if they can help, but it's a terrible blow. Can't believe the timing. I do hope you have some more lovely visits with your Mum. Thinking of you and your brother. Love and hugs Lisa xx

Jezzer

Jun 12, 2016
Lincoln, UK
Thank you Jan that's really thoughtful of you. I ended up taking the week off, I just feel so stressed out, then today my laptop broke and all the photos I had of Mum and Dad dating back to the 60s are lost. I'm at the PC repair shop to see if they can help, but it's a terrible blow. Can't believe the timing. I do hope you have some more lovely visits with your Mum. Thinking of you and your brother. Love and hugs Lisa xx
Oh no! Praying you can retrieve the photos. Does your PC have back up? You don't need this. I'm not surprised you are feeling stressed. It's been a truly awful week for you and I've been thinking about you a lot. Just telling Geoff about your PC and he too hopes the photos can be restored. Sending you much Love and Hugs. Everything crossed for the photos. Jan xxxx