The right diet

Demy

Jan 30, 2020
Merseyside
Hi all, I think diet plays a large part in coping with dementia. I give my mum lots of dark green leavy vegetables, nuts especially walnuts ground up sprinkled on cereal and desserts. Lots of dark berry fruit ie blueberries and strawberries. There is definetly an improvement when mum has had strawberries.

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
I’m glad you’ve found something that works @Demy

My dad improved when I could get him to drink water. I found dehydration was the thing that made dad most confused.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Hi all, I think diet plays a large part in coping with dementia. I give my mum lots of dark green leavy vegetables, nuts especially walnuts ground up sprinkled on cereal and desserts. Lots of dark berry fruit ie blueberries and strawberries. There is definetly an improvement when mum has had strawberries.
You need to be careful about diet if a person is taking warfarin. The dark green and highly coloured vegetables contain a lot of vitamin K which can effect how the warfarin works. It doesn't mean that they have to be excluded from the diet but any of those vegetables need to be taken in small amounts regularly.

Demy

Jan 30, 2020
Merseyside
You need to be careful about diet if a person is taking warfarin. The dark green and highly coloured vegetables contain a lot of vitamin K which can effect how the warfarin works. It doesn't mean that they have to be excluded from the diet but any of those vegetables need to be taken in small amounts regularly.

Weasell

Oct 21, 2019
Just a thank you for taking the trouble to post. I love anything that gives me ideas to try. I shall definitely arrange some strawberry feasts and observe the results.
Imagine if it works, next time a family get together occurs, or any event that can be a stress! To be able to edge the odds in favour of a good day!

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
My late mother was always happier and amenable after a sunday dinner ( Gravy dinner as she called it).

because she was happy she was easier to manage....Well, until breakfast time.!!

She always slept better if she went to bed less agitated.

Demy

Jan 30, 2020
Merseyside
Just a thank you for taking the trouble to post. I love anything that gives me ideas to try. I shall definitely arrange some strawberry feasts and observe the results.
Imagine if it works, next time a family get together occurs, or any event that can be a stress! To be able to edge the odds in favour of a good day![/Quote Strawberry feasts how lovely I hope it is a success