The Power of Distraction

Discussion in 'I care for a person with dementia' started by canary, Oct 2, 2015.

1. canary

canary Registered User

Feb 25, 2014
    Female
    South coast
    We have gone for organising POA and OH has been fretting about it. We had to cancel it a couple of times as he was unsure about it and on the day I didnt know whether he was going to sign it (and I was so worried about it that I forgot to pay for the parking and got a ticket :( ), but he did - huge relief. However, he ended up pacing and muttering - he was clearly very anxious about the whole thing and I was worried that he was winding himself up.

Then the boiler broke and had to be repaired :eek:
    Hubby was instantly diverted and all his concern was about getting it repaired. Its now fixed and the POA is out of mind.

Hoorah for silver linings :)

2. CollegeGirl

CollegeGirl Registered User

Jan 19, 2011
    North East England
    Gosh, I never thought a boiler breaking down could be good news for anybody :D :D! Lovely to hear that your husband was distracted and the PoA was forgotten.