The power of animals

LynneMcV

Volunteer Moderator
May 9, 2012
south-east London
I just had to share this because it's been so lovely today to see my husband so happy :)
At his day centre visit today they had someone come in with some small furry animals for the attendees to hold and learn about. I don't know the entire range but it included a rabbit and a chinchilla.
My husband came home absolutely enthused about the visit, saying what a lovely day he'd had. He was absolutely besotted with the chinchilla, he had never seen or handled one before. Every time he thinks about it or talks about it he has a great big beaming smile on his face.
We have a soppy old ginger cat at home, so my husband isn't lacking animal company, but that little chinchilla has definitely hit the right note and encouraged lots of chat :)

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
I hear you! At one of the Revitalise Centres they got in small animals one evening, everything from a skunk to a baby chick to a snake! And the Day Centre and the local city farm are doing Furry Tales together. Last time it was rabbits, guinea pigs and a black hen. Though I must say that OH is very stoic about them - I'm usually the one who can't stop cooing!

garnuft

Sep 7, 2012
How lovely!

I share your husband's pleasure in furry creatures, they are heart-warmingly good for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
My son and DIL take their beautiful blonde retriever to see Fred when they visit and a friend brings her Cocker spaniel when she comes with me. Both bring pleasure to most of the residents as well as Fred and get lots of attention from the carers too.