i said shall we do night classes
you with your art me with somthing else
and we can meet at the end
we are going to try
love bel x

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Bel, I know it is born of desperation, but that sounds a good idea.

If it works please let us know. I think it is a good idea for most couples, and you do need a break.

What sort of class will you look for? Wishing you well.

christine_batch

Jul 31, 2007
Buckinghamshire
Dear Bel,
Do you want to learn a language, yoga, cake decorating?
Why not see what is on offer to accommodate for both of you.
Have you though about teaching flower arrangements?
I will let you into a secret, at this present time I really would like to do boxing. Taking all my frustration out on one of those bags that don't hit back.

I wish you all the best
Christine

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I hope you find something bel. And I hope you find something for Bob too. It will give you both a break.
Love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Bel, good luck to you, that sounds like a good idea, and so positive.

I hope you can find something to interest you, let us know.

Love,

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Bel,

I think it's a wondeful idea and I hope so much that it works out for you both.

Of course you need a break from dementia sometimes - I think it takes over your life, your thoughts... everything! I admire you for taking such a positive step to get that break for you and Bob.

Christine - I have a punch bag in my bedroom and I love it! I can totally recommend it as fabulous therapy to get the aggression out (not to mention it tightens up those bingo wings!!).

AJay

Aug 21, 2007
Leics
Hi Bel

I decided to learn French despite many misgivings about not being able to focus on it. It's the best thing I did, totally distracted me from all the other worries for an evening and met some lovely people.

When Dad asks why I didn't go to see him - he always forgets even though Justin went over instead - I say I was at my French class. Ooooh what did you learn he'll ask and we banter in his schoolboy French mixed up with the Italian he learnt through the war (oh there's a tale to tell, a wonderful story about an Italian opera singer he fell in love with while serving there in the war!!). He enjoys my class as much as I did even though he wasn't there.

AJay