The Mystery of Alzheimers

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
My husband has just been reading an article, debating why the Author is more inclined to believe in a Creator, rather than in Darwin`s Theory of Evolution.

This has led to a really rational discussion, between the two of us, about our beliefs, the beliefs of others, and the similarities of different Religions.

He is still able to follow his interests in History, Space Exploration, and Politics.

And yet he can`t remember the amazing performance of his favourite football team, last night, or where we are going today.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Sylvia

My first reaction was ' Oh, you're so lucky to be able to have any sort of discussion.' With John, the simplest statement or question produces blank incomprehension. It's getting to the stage where I'm reluctant to talk to him at all. I know I must keep trying, but it's so frustrating, having to say everything umpteen different ways in the attempt to get him to understand.

But then I remembered all the problems you have that I don't, such as sundowning, worrying about money, hyperactivity.

I guess with Alzheimer's people start with different symptoms, and progress in different directions. The awful thing is that ultmately they all end up with all the symptoms.

I think we're approaching that stage now.

Love,

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Hazel,
I`ve thought the same about you, when you`ve posted that John has no behaviour problems nor is he deteriorating physically.
It`s as well we don`t have to choose, and as you say, we will all finish at the same final post.
Take care

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LDrew