The most exciting news ever for me

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
As some of you will know, I am going for a fortnights holiday in Greece in May because Alan has never done holidays. My sister, who I was going with, has let me down. So this morning I talked to Alan about it and said that I could either ask his daughter to come (all expenses paid) or he could think about coming. He said he would really like to come but that he was scared of going on a plane. I said which is most scary, going on a plane or being here without me and being looked after by strangers? He became really excited and we are now off to try to sort out a passport for him. I couldn't wait to tell someone. I don't even know whether you will understand what this means for me. I never wanted a holiday to get a break from Alan - I just wanted a holiday and I'd prefer it to be with him. He still has enough capability of benefitting from it.

Yippee

Love Helen

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Brilliant news...ignore what I've just posted on your other thread, Helen..it's totally irrelevant now!! :)

love gigi xx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Have a wonderful time Helen. Alan is certainly capable of really enjoying himself.

Dhiren is also nervous of flying but has always managed to overcome it as he loves holidays so much. Now it is too late, we can`t get insurance and he has so little stamina we wouldn`t be able to get up early enough to go on sightseeing trips.

So enjoy every minute Helen, and as soon as you get home, book another holiday.

Love xx

sad nell

Mar 21, 2008
bradford west yorkshire
go for it

Helen , trev & I had so many hoidays whilst he was able, not always easy ,but never regreted any of them, although be prepared for Alan to go missing now and again. Always made people aware of situation and the help was wonderfull. We could not get insurance and it would be unsafe now for Trev to fly but just returned from centre parcs, he loved it and booked for farm in lakes specially for disabled although ,people say i am taking risks, Trev has all his life and those memories are wonderfull. Please check that your insurance is valid and have a great time, where in Greece are you going, I love the place and the people. Best wishes to you both, Bon Voyage

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Hello Sad Nell

It was so nice to hear that you and Trev have had and still are having nice times.

I've just done his travel insurance and there was no problem. Because he is physically fit and isn't on or undergoing any treatment - it was fine.

My big problem now is trying to get him a passport for the first time (he's never done holidays)!! I can't find his birth cert. and he needs details about his ma and pa. So I'm rushing around like a headless chicken trying to find things.

Love to you

Helen

AJay

Aug 21, 2007
Leics
Hi Helen

A day later than everybody else but what fab news :D I love Greece, I hope Alan really enjoys the holiday.

Hope you find everything for the passport.

AJay xxx

helen.tomlinson

Mar 27, 2008
Thanks everyone

Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts. The passport form is now just about sorted and will be at the Post Office tomorrow. With it being Alan's first passport, they need plenty of time and we can't use that fast track service. Still, I'm sure it'll all get done on time and that he'll have a great time. He is certainly very chirpy.

Love Helen