1. Welcome to Talking Point - an online community for everyone who is affected by dementia. Whether you have dementia or know someone who does, we will be there for you.

    Sign up to join the community, or Log in if you're already a member.

    If you need help using Talking Point, read our Help pages or contact us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk

  2. Hi everyone, Talking Point is back! We’ve updated the software in order to improve security, design, and the way the community works, and introduced some helpful features.

    Find out more

The Mental Capacity Act: an animated guide by Infodeo.

Discussion in 'Helpful websites' started by nitram, Nov 7, 2017.

  1. nitram

    nitram Registered User

    Apr 6, 2011
    North Manchester
  2. DeMartin

    DeMartin Registered User

    Jul 4, 2017
  3. Baker17

    Baker17 Registered User

    Mar 9, 2016
    Yes very interesting because the adult social care team where we live say “ even though my husband has not got capacity it’s his human right to decide” I have now got a specialist solicitor dealing with things as I have made myself ill because of this as my husband doesn’t understand he is ill and what he needs as a care package
  4. Normaleila

    Normaleila Registered User

    Jun 4, 2016
    Have you considered using an indep social worker? Ours was wonderful.
  5. Big feet pete.

    Big feet pete. Registered User

    Nov 6, 2017
    Thats been very helpfull
  6. Baker17

    Baker17 Registered User

    Mar 9, 2016
    It would appear that adult social care have appointed an independent social worker, she phoned me to ask about things and was unaware I had appointed a solicitor, when I explained this she said she was would be unable to make a decision about where my husband should be in care, thank goodness, she’s only met him once. Thanks for replying by the way, I’ll continue to battle my way through the mine field that is inept.

Share This Page