The Memory Healer Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hons

Nov 1, 2014
Hi,

Does anybody know anything about this Memory Healer program by Alexander Lynch ?

*Website removed by admin for the safety of our membership*

It sounds too good to be true, and quite suspicious.

Thanks

Com

Nov 15, 2014
I have been referred to The Memory Healer Program by Alexander Lynch which claims a cure/improvement for Alzheimer sufferers by using natual products. Does the Alzheimer's Society have any research information on the claims or is this just another scam.

dora

Aug 1, 2007
England
If someone has beaten everyone else to find the "real culprit" behind "Alzheimers and dementia" [just one culprit? really?]

and they have "incredible results" and a "permanent cure and reversal"

why is this not published in a reputable journal
OR
on the front page of the Daily Mail?

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
The physical damage cause to the brain by Altzheimers cannot be reversed, repaired or cured. The brain does not re-generate when cells die. In certain circumstances the progression can be slowed with medications. A sufferer can be "trained" to a small amount to act in a particular fashion when subjected to a trigger, but eventually breakdown will happen.
Not all sufferers have the same symptoms, there is no age limit or stage definition that says a sufferer will reach this or that stage. Every single Dementia Patient will reach their own destination on the Dementia journey.
Some sufferers will remain high functioning for many years post diagnosis, and others will go downhill quickly.

If there had been a working cure or treatment there would have been clinical trials which would have been subject to huge public scrutiny.

Sorry.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I just Googled the Memory healer......Stay away, do not touch... In my honest opinion,not only is this unlikely to cure anyone, the advertisment is written in such a way to make one think it is a medical book when in fact it appears to be a mis match of phrases, badly put together and translated from another language into English with the aid of a dictionary and it had no grammar work done to the translation.
And yes I know my grammar can take a bit of re-jigging sometimes.:)
IMHO ....SCAM!

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I cannot understand anyone, even someone who is as desperate to find a cure as most TP members are, not recognising this as a scam.

If someone had found a way to recover 'any form of memory loss' (which is and always will be an absurd claim and, worse, betrays a lack of knowledge and understanding of the multiple symptoms - above and beyond 'memory loss' - of dementia) would they be trying to flog a $40 book on the internet?

Who 'referred' you, did you say? Oh, you didn't say.:rolleyes:

malcolmpr

Aug 4, 2013
barnsley england
memory healer program

I have also been on this website. My wife is in the early stages of AD and I will try anything to halt the progression. will try and buy the book in the uk and report back

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I have also been on this website. My wife is in the early stages of AD and I will try anything to halt the progression. will try and buy the book in the uk and report back
Malcolm Pricee

I think its a big scam and wonder why people are promoting it on this site by asking about it!?

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
If it's free and harmless I'd try anything. If you are asked for money I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.

malcolmpr

Aug 4, 2013
barnsley england
I think its a big scam and wonder why people are promoting it on this site by asking about it!?

Hi Sue J
Don't particularly like the tone of your post like most carers I will try anything to stop my wife getting to the stage where she doesn't know me ,the kids,the grandkids ,double incontinent etc,etc
I am very sceptical and have checked some reviews and they all seem dodgy, it would be nice to have a comment from the Society
Malcolm P

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
Hi Sue J
Don't particularly like the tone of your post like most carers I will try anything to stop my wife getting to the stage where she doesn't know me ,the kids,the grandkids ,double incontinent etc,etc
I am very sceptical and have checked some reviews and they all seem dodgy, it would be nice to have a comment from the Society
Malcolm P
I am very sorry Malcolm P it wasn't intended at you I have had my own life changed with my own symptoms for 5 years now and get very cross when things appear to me as scams which take money off people and families that are suffering and vulnerable:mad:
Please accept my apologies if I upset you.
Sue

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Hi Sue J
Malcolm P

I'm sure Sue's post is not aimed at you Malcolm.

Both the threads have started with posts from new members and two such posts do tend to raise suspicions amongst some of us (though the OP here sounds dubious). It's not unknown for people to join TP in order to promote something - be it a scam or just something in which they have some undeclared interest.

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
I'm sure Sue's post is not aimed at you Malcolm.

Both the threads have started with posts from new members and two such similar posts do tend to raise suspicions amongst some of us. It's not unknown for people to join TP in order to promote something - be it a scam or just something in which they have some undeclared interest.

Thank you Stanley

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
No problem Sue. I should have added that there's probably no member of TP who is more sympathetic and supportive than you are.

Take care.

malcolmpr

Aug 4, 2013
barnsley england
No problem Sue I am a Yorkshireman so I am savvy when it comes to scams but if I could find a cure for my wife I would sell my house and gladly live in our 2 berth caravan
Malcolm

Sue J

Dec 9, 2009
No problem Sue I am a Yorkshireman so I am savvy when it comes to scams but if I could find a cure for my wife I would sell my house and gladly live in our 2 berth caravan
Malcolm

I am sure you would Malcolm, I'm sorry for her suffering and yours.
Best wishes to you both
Sue

Status
Not open for further replies.