The Memory Healer Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
I'm sure you would as well Malcolm, as would almost anyone in our situation.

But then if it was real cure, it's very unlikely that we would have to.:)

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
I've searched all over the US alz.org site, and it's not mentioned there at all as far as I can see. Since it purports to be a US program I would expect it to be mentioned if it had any validity. In fact, all I can find with regard to reviews are press releases and paid puffery.

I'm sorry but I think it's just a way to sell books and possibly supplements.

daisy00

Jan 10, 2015
Hi malcolmpr,

I too am desperate to help a friend and have tried to research the memory healer programme without much success as can only find sites that praise and sell it. I haven't found any sites that give a review on it and like you am tempted to buy it just to see despite considering myself quite bright being educated to Masters level
and it sounding too good to be true. I appreciate it is most likely to be a scam but like you I see no harm in exploring the possibility of it being helpful and I too found it disappointing for others to judge on the question being asked. Asking the question is not promoting the programme but seeking the views of others if it has been tried and tested on an appropriate forum that communicates with others I similar circumstances. Its a shame a reputable organisation or journalist hasn't put it to the test for the benefit of the public who are vulnerable in their desperation to help loved ones.

Please do report on the programme if you do decide to give it a go as shall I. Whatever you decide all the best and take care.

RobinH

Apr 9, 2012
London
I do sympathise with friends and carers who 'will try anything', but perhaps someone could write a sticky post listing the scams and myths out there - or would that be self-defeating?

stanleypj

Dec 8, 2011
North West
Hi malcolmpr,

I too am desperate to help a friend and have tried to research the memory healer programme without much success as can only find sites that praise and sell it. I haven't found any sites that give a review on it and like you am tempted to buy it just to see despite considering myself quite bright being educated to Masters level
and it sounding too good to be true. I appreciate it is most likely to be a scam but like you I see no harm in exploring the possibility of it being helpful and I too found it disappointing for others to judge on the question being asked. Asking the question is not promoting the programme but seeking the views of others if it has been tried and tested on an appropriate forum that communicates with others I similar circumstances. Its a shame a reputable organisation or journalist hasn't put it to the test for the benefit of the public who are vulnerable in their desperation to help loved ones.

Please do report on the programme if you do decide to give it a go as shall I. Whatever you decide all the best and take care.

Hello daisy and welcome to Talking Point.

I do understand your concern about this thread and your desperation. I think many of us share the desperation. But many of us are also aware of all the scams that are around, massively supported by the growth of the internet, and we know how vulnerable we all are.

I think the answers are in your post - you can only find sites that are selling this 'cure' and there are no impartial reviews, never mind research evidence.

You will, however find many suggestions on TP about how life for people with dementia and their friends and carers can be improved and, in the clear absence of any prospect of a 'cure' for dementia, I certainly find it makes the best sense to concentrate on treatment and appropriate care.

I hope you will find TP as invaluable as I do and that you will continue to share your own ideas and feelings.

snorky

Account Closed
Jan 17, 2015
REALLY? Who Profits?

My father has Dementia. He is under the care of a psychiatrist. Much to my dismay. I am looking at ALL OPTIONS. My father's doctor ONLY believes in a drug solution. Why is that? Because it's all that he has been taught.

How can eating a certain group of foods be "suspicious"? What if the people who ate these foods naturally were the ones who DIDN'T get alzheimers or dementia? A bit of thinking please folks!

Really puzzled when natural foods and natural brainwave frequencies require "research".[/INDENT]

The only "CURES" that are going to be APPROVED are those cures by drug companies so they can profit$$$.

Please think people and DO look at alternatives!!!

:confused:

Last edited by a moderator:

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I think it`s fine to try any form of alternative / natural healing anyone wishes, it`s just the bandwagon people jump on in trying to get their point across which becomes intrusive.

My mother was a firm believer in naturopathy. She firmly believed a 24 hour fast drinking only boiled water was a cure all. She had a very healthy life until dementia took hold.

My husband was Indian and believed in Ayurvedic Medicine and herbal medicine. When he was diagnosed with Alzheimer`s we spent a fortune on consultations and treatment to no avail. It is not only the drug companies which profit, this stuff does not come free.

When our son was young he developed severe migraines. We took him to a homeopath. He went through months of suffering even more severe migraines before we gave up the treatment. He is still a migraine sufferer but as a pharmacologist , discovered his migraines are caused by stress and dehydration. Dehydration is the biggest culprit and as long as he remembers to drink he can prevent some of the migraines.

I would still not rubbish any form of treatment if it works and do not blame anyone for trying. I just wish advocates of natural remedies would stop implying the developers of these treatments are altruistic.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Having had a post on a thread misinterpreted recently , I want to say that this is in not in any way an attack or a criticism.
However, I do find it a bit strange that those coming on this thread who are supporting this, are all new members posting their first post.
I think that the original poster forming the reference as a question makes no difference as that in itself, especially by mentioning the name in the title, brought it to the attention of members.
The OP hasn't returned for his answer either but I wish he/she would.

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
If there was a simple cure for any of the illnesses talked about on here I'm sure we would all jump at it. Well meaning friends have sent me information on all sorts of 'cures'. I am sure some things, either foods, drinks or actions, help some people at some stage in their illnesses. And TP is great for sharing advice and tips to try.
BUT suggesting there is an overall cure which research, the medical profession and carers are all ignoring is insensitive and hurtful as well as being ridiculous.
If anyone on here has found something which helps some aspect of the person they are caring for, I am very pleased for them and I am interested to read their ideas. But please don't tell us all that we could all be living illness free, stress free lives with our loved ones by using certain food or drink or following a certain programme. It is not supportive or helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point mobile app

snorky

Account Closed
Jan 17, 2015
well, I am frustrated and looking around at what's out there googling the heck outta google. :(

snorky

Account Closed
Jan 17, 2015
look, i think that every business deserves to make a profit, but when big pharma and governments are linked together... that's what I CALL suspicious... (imho)...

I think it`s fine to try any form of alternative / natural healing anyone wishes, it`s just the bandwagon people jump on in trying to get their point across which becomes intrusive.

My mother was a firm believer in naturopathy. She firmly believed a 24 hour fast drinking only boiled water was a cure all. She had a very healthy life until dementia took hold.

My husband was Indian and believed in Ayurvedic Medicine and herbal medicine. When he was diagnosed with Alzheimer`s we spent a fortune on consultations and treatment to no avail. It is not only the drug companies which profit, this stuff does not come free.

When our son was young he developed severe migraines. We took him to a homeopath. He went through months of suffering even more severe migraines before we gave up the treatment. He is still a migraine sufferer but as a pharmacologist , discovered his migraines are caused by stress and dehydration. Dehydration is the biggest culprit and as long as he remembers to drink he can prevent some of the migraines.

I would still not rubbish any form of treatment if it works and do not blame anyone for trying. I just wish advocates of natural remedies would stop implying the developers of these treatments are altruistic.

snorky

Account Closed
Jan 17, 2015
Trisha :)

Do some research. It's about the quantum field. I am not suggesting we forget about what medicine has brought to this world, but current medicine is an incomplete model.

Further more, our DNA is 2 strand DNA. Yet a couple of years ago they found 3 strand DNA and now 4 strand DNA. We used to be Neanderthals. We are evolving, so is the planet and so is healing.

What I would KINDLY ask you not to be in return, is closed minded or cynical. :)

If there was a simple cure for any of the illnesses talked about on here I'm sure we would all jump at it. Well meaning friends have sent me information on all sorts of 'cures'. I am sure some things, either foods, drinks or actions, help some people at some stage in their illnesses. And TP is great for sharing advice and tips to try.
BUT suggesting there is an overall cure which research, the medical profession and carers are all ignoring is insensitive and hurtful as well as being ridiculous.
If anyone on here has found something which helps some aspect of the person they are caring for, I am very pleased for them and I am interested to read their ideas. But please don't tell us all that we could all be living illness free, stress free lives with our loved ones by using certain food or drink or following a certain programme. It is not supportive or helpful.

Delphie

Dec 14, 2011
Massive and completely devoid of evidence claims coupled with a request to part with cash tend to equal BS.

However I have grown some magic beans in my quantum field if anyone is interested. Fifty quid a pop. They cure dandruff and gullibility.

snorky

Account Closed
Jan 17, 2015
Education here: Quantum University. Iquim.org

AND no request to part with cash. Obviously can't understand I am examining every alternative.

Massive and completely devoid of evidence claims coupled with a request to part with cash tend to equal BS.

However I have grown some magic beans in my quantum field if anyone is interested. Fifty quid a pop. They cure dandruff and gullibility.

Last edited:

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire

I'm sure there are people who are not close minded or cynical like me who will be delighted to send you money Delphie.

bburt

Feb 10, 2015
Memory Healer has all the hallmarks of a Scam

This is a program that I was really willing to believe in. But...the initial ad that caught my eye talked about a "bacteria" that was the cause of memory loss. Really? That "could" be true. It had the sound of something that might offer some explanation, etc. It's also something that the untrained can identify with, etc.

Watched the video, read the ad copy. Hmmmmmmm......no where did I find out about the advertised "bacteria". Red Flag. BIG Red Flag.

Also, the ad copy is made to a very, VERY popular formula for selling pretty much any information product online. They also use Clickbank which insists that sellers offer a Money Back Guarantee, etc.

Also, and here's a code phrase for SCAM: The "powers that be" want to or have the power to .... take this ad down at any time! Really? Folks that WANT to have their stuff deleted from the net can't do it! Entire governments have trouble getting rid of stuff. Please.

I am sorry to say, but Memory Healer really does have all the signs of being not so much on the up and up. Too bad really.

WWCMX

Apr 20, 2015
I have also been on this website. My wife is in the early stages of AD and I will try anything to halt the progression. will try and buy the book in the uk and report back

@malcolmpr Did you get a chance to test this please, if so how did it go?

Moi

May 4, 2015
Memory Healer Program

I've been wondering about this program myself for a family member and after reading these messages have decided just to try it out and see. Here's what's happened so far...

After going to the website and clicking on the 'buy' button and then clicking the close window button (as if to close it all down and say bye, no thanks) it eventually came up with a discounted option of approx. $20 ish. I went ahead with this. It then automatically brings up a further memory book for purchase at a special price, and when you click no thanks at the bottom of the window yet again more health books for getting rid of various illnesses pop up. Odd. I guess this doesn't bode well for the memory program being kosher.

I've now got the download. The English is dodgy in places which is surprising. I'll try the program out and will report back in a couple of months or so. To be honest though, at this moment in time it's really looking like it's a scam...

SerenaS

Staff Member
Apr 7, 2011
London
Hi everyone,

I've received this comment from the Research Team at Alzheimer's Society:

“The research that the “memory healer programme” is based on found that a compound called TC-2153 can inhibit an enzyme known as STEP, and that use of TC-2153 can improve memory in mice. However, this research is at the very early stages and there is not enough evidence that using any method to prevent STEP from working will definitely improve your memory. You can view the original research paper here.

The evidence so far shows that eating a Mediterranean diet is best to reduce your risk of developing dementia. This is in combination with living a healthy lifestyle including taking regular exercise, not smoking and keeping blood pressure in check.

If you have any concerns about your memory or would like further advice about treatments for dementia, please see your GP”.

nmintueo

Jun 28, 2011
UK
Hi,
Does anybody know anything about this Memory Healer program by Alexander Lynch ?
It sounds too good to be true, and quite suspicious.

They seem to have mastered the art of getting their promotional material to top the Google results. (Lots of legitimate businesses would love to know that secret.)

SCAM ALERT: Memory Healer is Your Money Stealer
Tuesday, 02 December 2014 21:34
If you remember just one thing, please let it be that the so-called “Memory Healer Program” — just like so many of the schemes targeted to people who are concerned about memory-loss caused by dementia or Alzheimers —are $40 rip-offs.
http://www.sandiegocan.org/2014/12/02/scam-alert-memory-healer-is-your-money-stealer/

Memory Healer Program - scam?
If you search for Memory Healer on google, you can find all these very poor sites, all telling the same thing. They really did everything they could to make this seem like a real thing, so please dont fall for it, as I'm 95% sure its fake.
http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread1045824/pg1

Status
Not open for further replies.