The Memory Box - a collection of short stories

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
My collection of short stories The Memory Box is going well and giving me opportunities to talk about Talking Point too and tell people about the work of the Alzheimers Society. Today I spoke at the women's Institute.

The Memory Box is described as a charming collection of illustrated short stories by an award-winning author, The Memory Box is a great gift for those who are carers or living with memory loss. The simple narratives encourage activities which can reawaken past memories, bringing the welcome relief of calmness and peace, in a sometimes confusing world.
It is available in Paperback,Kindle and Large print. I am hoping to produce it as an audio book too
bit.ly/sarahveness
I have had 10 5star reviews

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
New South Wales Australia
Good simple cheerful Novels that my husband can read are hard to come by- to some extent he can just re read books - but are there any suggestions of books I can get through the library :rolleyes:
Books that have pleasant or funny stories but not about violence or wars or too clever !?! I sat at the local library and read a number of first chapters but didn’t get anywhere ! Thanks !! Mudgee joy

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
Good simple cheerful Novels that my husband can read are hard to come by- to some extent he can just re read books - but are there any suggestions of books I can get through the library :rolleyes:
Books that have pleasant or funny stories but not about violence or wars or too clever !?! I sat at the local library and read a number of first chapters but didn’t get anywhere ! Thanks !! Mudgee joy

I enjoy reading short stories, I enjoyed Jeffrey Archer's Cat O'Nine Tales and Maeve Binchy
That glimpse of truth has 100 short stories in by various authors. It might be worth googling Novellas for books like The Old Man and the Sea by Earnest Hemmingway. The 'book of heroic failures' by Stephen Pile always makes me laugh. I may attempt to write a novella at some stage but I am concentrating on short stories at the moment. I hope you find something that your husband will enjoy

DeMartin

Jul 4, 2017
Kent
Try your local library, they often have lists of books suitable for all types

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
Thanks for suggestions - I did try the local library and they suggested a number of books but were just too clever ! I’ll go for the short stories though, and Stephen Pile - many thanks M-joy

Mudgee Joy

Dec 26, 2017
I have ordered the books on line - I live in a town with no bookshops - but I also downloaded, on kindle, the Book of Heroic Failures. I read a few chapters to my husband to see if I could get him interested. I found it so funny myself I had a great laught !! Thanks Sarah !

creativesarah

Apr 22, 2010
Upton Northamptonshire
I have ordered the books on line - I live in a town with no bookshops - but I also downloaded, on kindle, the Book of Heroic Failures. I read a few chapters to my husband to see if I could get him interested. I found it so funny myself I had a great laught !! Thanks Sarah !
I am so glad you liked the books I will see what else I can think of!