The lows of lewy Bodys

Norrms

Feb 19, 2009
Torquay Devon
The incredible lows of dementia

Without sounding paranoid I am convinced even more now that Dementia is a living breathing evil entity. It waits until you have had a good few days only to drag you down to its level in the depths of hell and torments you, baits you and taunts you relentlessly. We see many people who are very ill and they seem to perk up for a while before once again becoming gravely ill, I am convinced dementia is no different.
Within the hour of my head hitting the pillow, Elaine says, the screaming started and went on for most of the night, finishing with me sat up in bed, the bedroom bathed in daylight, sobbing my heart out and a complete mess.

THIS IS THE REALITY OF DEMENTIA

I make no excuses or have no shame in saying because of my Lewy body`s i suffer very badly from depression and I am on the highest amount of Fluoxetine that can be allowed. The physical downside of this is whilst I am conscious I am almost unable to weep.

AND YET

When dementia visits me at night it's so severe it seems to bypass this, Goodness knows how and turns me into a complete jabbering wreck.
Today will be a quiet day, today will be a solemn one, and yet even today i will try my best to fight my way out of the concrete overcoat dementia has wrapped around me once again

Norrms xxxxxxxxxx

Con05

Nov 1, 2018

Without sounding paranoid I am convinced even more now that Dementia is a living breathing evil entity. It waits until you have had a good few days only to drag you down to its level in the depths of hell and torments you, baits you and taunts you relentlessly. We see many people who are very ill and they seem to perk up for a while before once again becoming gravely ill, I am convinced dementia is no different.
Within the hour of my head hitting the pillow, Elaine says, the screaming started and went on for most of the night, finishing with me sat up in bed, the bedroom bathed in daylight, sobbing my heart out and a complete mess.

I make no excuses or have no shame in saying because of my Lewy body`s i suffer very badly from depression and I am on the highest amount of Fluoxetine that can be allowed. The physical downside of this is whilst I am conscious I am almost unable to weep.

AND YET

When dementia visits me at night it's so severe it seems to bypass this, Goodness knows how and turns me into a complete jabbering wreck.
Today will be a quiet day, today will be a solemn one, and yet even today i will try my best to fight my way out of the concrete overcoat dementia has wrapped around me once again

Norrms xxxxxxxxxx

AND YET

Norrms xxxxxxxxxx

Bless you, I’m so sorry and I decided this week that it must be the worst disease out there. Prayers for you both x

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019

AND YET

Norrms xxxxxxxxxx
I can’t imagine how awful dementia must be, but I’ve been on fluoxetine the highest level for 20 years so I can understand depression.
It’s an ever spiralling pit at times, & at others it lurks in the back ground like an unwanted guest at a party!
Laughter is magic dust!
Seriously... so I find things to laugh at ( or try to when the unwelcome guest lurks to long!!)
My favourite image to convulse me is the advert ( sadly no longer on tv!!! ) to travel yourself interesting. It’s got a pug dog dressed up in a costume ... ( don’t want to spoil it for you) & the owner has been to Japan where they have vending machines with outfits in them for dogs of a certain size! It’s the animals expressive eyes ....
I’m smiling while typing......

Life’s a ****** but I find humour ( however black ) at times is my life line

As they say animals do the funniest things, I hope you find yourself belly laughing today
:p I will be joining you at some point .. thank goodness for the internet & google search!

DesperateofDevon

Jul 7, 2019
Please google - Charles cross police station dinosaur
I’m not good with technology , but I promise it’s worth the effort! Oh & turn the sound up ....