The loss of my mother my story

nicetotalk

Sep 22, 2006
stretford
Iam knew to this site and i think it is realy helpful i lost my mother march the 6th this year. She was diagnosed with alzheimers 8 years at the age of 54 she was 62 when she passed away. Its just been awuful for the whole family for many years i think i did not want to believe she would die from this. My father was a carer for her all through her illness. 3 years after being diagonosed she just stoped walking,stoped talking became incontinent and my dad had to feed her, she remaind that way untill she passed in hospital. She use to go in a care home every 4 weeks for a week to give my dad a rest, how he did it i will never know. There were times that she would recognise us but that would brake my heart as most of the time she did not even focus on anything could she hear could she see i dont know there was no response from her. Its just awful to watch someone you love deteriate like that she was admited to hospital and for 3 weeks we watched her slowly leave this world. Ive never cried so much in my life those last weeks at the hospital. We were all there and at the end it was me and my sister that watched her take her last breath. I will never forget she passed knowing how much all of her children and partner loved her she will be forever in my mind my body my heart and most of all spirit.

kathy

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Hi nicetotalk
I read your post about losing Mother,it was sad but at least you know that you did all that you could.
I am sure in there somewhere Mother would have known this and would have left you lots of love.
Dad needs you now,as a Dad I know how much I will my sons one day.
Look after Dad
Best wishes
Norman

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Kathy, thank youfor taking the time to share your story with us.

How your mum was loved by you all was lovely to read, and I know that inside your dear mum knew this, she just could not communicate to you.

Look after yourself now, and help dad to come to terms with the loss.
My love to you all,