The Long Awaited Lounge Suite

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

After a call from the delivery chaps, I primed my parents for the arrival of our new lounge suite this afternoon. I thought it would be best, having read Norm's post about his new carpet and the distress to Peg.

My father went into a predicable financial whinge about 'who's paying for it; we can't afford it; we don't need one; send it back', etc. Mother just looked bemused and worried as usual.

The delivery blokes arrived and after being bribed with bag loads of apples, agreed to help me move the old suite out in to the summer house. We then spent a very happy hour or so, unwrapping the new suite and 'testdriving' it and my father forgot all about the money side of things in his excitement of folding up plastic and cardboard and preventing Ollie from being clingwrapped in the process.

Anyway - it's installed with parents firmly in situ! The wonderful thing is that they love the colour [burgundy]; it's incredibly comfortable since it actually has very firm seats and a high back for their necks - and the best thing is that my mother can stand up unaided. Getting her in to a vertical position from the old suite was becoming very tricky - it took a good pull on both arms and a decent push from the rear from Dad! It also has removable and washable seat covers.

Hurray for that.....! What a relief.

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Dear Jude, glad you got washable seat covers, we found those invaluable. Also had the bit about who'se paying etc. (Still getting that one from Andy's Mum now!!) Enjoy it, use it and slob out on it (when you get the chance), I did. Love, She. XX

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Sheila,

I am planning to 'slob' in a very big way later on... It's got these wonderfully huge sides, where you can just sink into the seat and fling your legs over and relax. Absolute heaven..! I might even get around to watching the television again.

Jude

C

Chesca

Are you sitting comfortably? Then I'll not begin!

Happy sofa dossing - my favourite passtime.

Chesca

C

Chesca

Just an afterthought. Have looked at TV schedules for this evening and must say you'd be better employed short circuiting the electrical supply once again and grabbing a passing fireman for company on the sofa. I won't tell your husband - for an extremely large fee, nach!

Chesca

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Jude
glad your three piece went off ok.
Our carpet is old hat now ignored,forgotten ,thank god for that.
Still getting "where's the cat" and of cousrs going home.
I think I may have a flop on the settee this pm
Norman

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Norman,

Amazing how quickly new things are forgotten about isn't it? My parents can't even remember this morning that the lounge suite is new, let alone recall the colour of the one they have had for the past 40 years. Lucky - in some ways....

Jude