1. allylee

allylee Registered User

Feb 28, 2005
    west mids
    Mum moved into her care home ten days ago, and after only a couple of unsettled days , she is doing really well. She looks five years younger, anxiety lines have gone and she seems very relaxed in her new environment.
    Mum has been a working woman all her life, and has never had "nice nails".Yesterday I visited her and the staff had manicured and painted all of the ladies nails . This is something my mum has never done for herself , and she was delighted with them.
    She kept holding her hands out , admiring them and showing them off to everyone who passed.
    A little thing, but a lovely gesture I thought.:)

Love to you all
    Ally xx

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    That`s lovely Ally. Firstly because your mother has had a `treat`, and secondly because the staff at the home still see their residents as women who aren`t past a bit of spoiling.
    I can tell by the tone of your post that it`s helped you as well, to know your mother has been made so happy by this thoughtful gesture.
    With love

3. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Such a lovely gesture, Ally. I'm not surprised your mum was so proud. It's these little caring gestures that make our day.

Love,

4. Grandaughter 1

Grandaughter 1 Registered User

Jan 17, 2006
    Hampshire
    That is so thoughtful of them. It just proves it's the little gestures that can make all the difference. The staff sound lovely.