The Little Girl in the Radiator

Discussion in 'Books, film and music' started by Grey Lad, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    Amazing coincidence. Talking to heating engineer about Maureen. He mentioned his father in law was suffering from dementia and was in a Nursing Home. He recommended the above book. Just downloaded it on my Tablet. Anyone read it?

2. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
  3. Beate

Beate Registered User

May 21, 2014
    Female
    London
    #3 Beate, Jul 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jul 21, 2015
    I've read it. It's very very good. I can also recommend Elizabeth Is Missing by Emma Healey + And Still The Music Plays by Graham Stokes.

4. Grey Lad

Grey Lad Registered User

Sep 12, 2014
    North East Lincs
    Thanks both.

5. Pauline123

Pauline123 Registered User

Nov 17, 2016
    Hi I read this book and absolutely loved it and have recommended it to many. It struck a cord because I went through many similar situations. It made me both laugh and cry. I loved the part where his mum cut the hair on the dog because my mum did the same. I live near to where the book is set and have been in the same situation of taking mum to the hairdressers and worrying that she would go walk about.
    A brilliant read. Thank you because I learnt from it.

Sadly my mum passed away on Boxing Day. I have mixed feelings. It's sad but also a guilty relief but because you know that they are finally safe and at peace which they truly deserve.

6. Rolypoly

Rolypoly Registered User

Jan 15, 2018
    I read the preview on amazon recently and really enjoyed the snippet available. I’m definitely going to read it.

7. Bunpoots

Bunpoots Registered User

Apr 1, 2016
    Nottinghamshire
    I've read the book. Hilarious and heartbreaking.