The Journey has ended

Kijo

Feb 9, 2014
On April 2, 2017 my husband passed away and is finally at rest. It was an 8 year journey I would not wish on anyone, but I am forever grateful I found TP to support me on the journey.
To read that others have actually walked in my shoes made a big difference and receive caring words when I needed them. When all the symptoms, self-doubt, anger, pain, and burden got to be touch much to carry on my own many of you truly held me up just by knowing I was not alone in everything I felt.
I don't know what comes next. I turn 56 in a few weeks and have to rebuild a life without the love of my life since I was 15. Just like many days on the journey, it will be one foot in front of the other until I find whatever is out there for me beyond dementia and what it stole.
Thank you fellow travelers; I truly wish you all well and hope we all find the peace we are looking for.

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
I cannot imagine what your feelings, emotions, fears for the future or even just fear for tomorrow can be.....I just know that I am so sad that you have lost your love of your life.
With sympathy....Maureen.x.x.

HillyBilly

Dec 21, 2015
Ireland
Kijo I am so very sorry for your loss.
I do hope that TP continues to be a source of comfort, help and advice for you when/if you need it x

Gwendy1

Feb 9, 2016
Glasgow
So sorry for your loss. Wishing you strength in the days ahead. X

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
So sorry to read of your loss. Thinking of you and wishing you strength.

Bill Owen

Feb 17, 2014
BRIDGEND
Time

on april 2, 2017 my husband passed away and is finally at rest. It was an 8 year journey i would not wish on anyone, but i am forever grateful i found tp to support me on the journey.
To read that others have actually walked in my shoes made a big difference and receive caring words when i needed them. When all the symptoms, self-doubt, anger, pain, and burden got to be touch much to carry on my own many of you truly held me up just by knowing i was not alone in everything i felt.
I don't know what comes next. I turn 56 in a few weeks and have to rebuild a life without the love of my life since i was 15. Just like many days on the journey, it will be one foot in front of the other until i find whatever is out there for me beyond dementia and what it stole.
Thank you fellow travelers; i truly wish you all well and hope we all find the peace we are looking for.

keep strong /takes time/im goining througth it rigth now one year later .lost my wife delyth in 30 march last year.big whlsh cwtch.

Soobee

Aug 22, 2009
South
My thoughts are with you and I send my sincere condolences to you. I hope that you are able to take things easy in the coming months and treat yourself kindly x

Mal2

Oct 14, 2014
Enfield
Heartfelt sympathy and condolence to you Kijo. I am so sorry for your sad loss of your beloved husband. Wishing you strength at this sad time. M xxx :)

Sharonk43

May 24, 2015
Sorry for your loss

I too am coming to terms with losing someone 2wks ago, my dad. My thoughts are with you xx

CollegeGirl

Jan 19, 2011
North East England
Thinking of you at this very sad time, and at such a young age to be facing life without him. Sending you sincere condolences, and wishing you strength to face the future.