The January Lads

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Special message for Diane

Praying everything goes as you planned, sweetie. Tony has been given the best seat in the house, Up There, and his mates are backing him all the way, just as we're doing for you. You won't be able to see us, but we're right by your side darling, just as you've been by Tony's.

He'll be so proud of his girl. xxxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Thats beautiful Scarlet,I am just taking a photo of Tony to the funeral home and have been sat here for 30 mins thinking of him before this horrible,horrible illness changed him so much.When I make my little speach tomorrow I will concentrate on those 4 happy smiling faces in the front pew.They probably will be holding up scores out of then like Strictly-hope I get at least a 7.

Not a chance - we'll all get 4 x 10s! :D

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
You've just made me cry again Scarlett!

What a wonderful poem:) I will always think of our recently departed as 'The January Lads'. I wonder what they are doing know? Probably Pete and John are gently teasing 'Mr Wife' and Tony and telling them they will have to be there early for the front pew:) Pete will be late (as always), they will all have put on weight and look really healthy. I just hope that they all behave themselves:eek:

Thank you Scarlett for being so thoughtful

Love

Lyn T XX

Don't know about Pete being late - my husband was nearly late for his own Funeral due to gasworks on the main road. We were waiting in the family limo outside the Crem for nearly ten minutes - didn't want to follow the coffin up the road so had to wait for it to arrive - also due to there being Funerals for three Raymond's one after the other and the first Raymond was over-running. How bizarre is that!

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Don't know about Pete being late - my husband was nearly late for his own Funeral due to gasworks on the main road. We were waiting in the family limo outside the Crem for nearly ten minutes - didn't want to follow the coffin up the road so had to wait for it to arrive - also due to there being Funerals for three Raymond's one after the other and the first Raymond was over-running. How bizarre is that!

That is amazing, to have Raymond, Raymond & Raymond in such quick succession. I wonder if any mourners, who didn't know the surname of "their Ray", went to the wrong funeral? :eek:

Anyway, the Lads are getting ready for February now ........

DIANE69

Jan 7, 2014
wirral
Just re read the poem Scarlett. This time no tears just a sad smile.We haven't had the best of starts to the year but we have all got through in our own ways and with the help of TP.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Just re read the poem Scarlett. This time no tears just a sad smile.We haven't had the best of starts to the year but we have all got through in our own ways and with the help of TP.

Those Fifteen Days are over and the girls will carry on,
Remembering the good times, and the sadness, now they're gone

The four of us, united, have tried to do our best
And sent our lads with dignity, as they are laid to rest

We've summoned up our courage with the words we chose to say
But now there's mundane things to do and bills we have to pay

So if our day is lonely, and we lack for company
We know we'll find a welcome with our friends here on TP

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I suppose it's like someone can look at a dress, and immediately make one without a pattern. I think of something, and I can "make" the poem. It helps me too, to think of those Lads helping all newcomers.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Scarlett -that poem is just right. Your poetry is such a comfort to me as the words are so wise.

Thank you

Love

Lyn T

Well here's a really wise one: ;)

Tonight, as I was feeling low
Cos no-one's called, or wants to know
I thought a treat would ease my mood
But somehow, didn't fancy food

The Bailey's bottle found it's way
Within my hand, and chose to stay
But from a glass I didn't sup
Who wants to cope with washing up?

I tipped the bottle, had a slurp
And followed with a Lady Burp
And glory be, it's done the trick
And though I'm feeling slightly sick

I'm really too far gone to care
So gaze upon John's empty chair
Like Miss O'Hara, smile and say
"Tomorrow is another day" :)

pony-mad

May 23, 2014
Mid-Wales
Priceless
You can always depends on Good old Baileys to hit the spot!
Have a good day Scarlett x

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Scarlett this is such a lovely poem, really touched me . Your are so brilliant with verse and words. Have you ever thought about writing your journey down? Your love, understanding and sadness shines through everything you post and yet there's an zest for humour, courage and strength. I so admire you ! May you long continue on TP . I am raising my glass to you , here's to you Scarlett and Lyn, Diane , wife and all the others who journey on with such heartache . Much love to you all xxxx❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Dear Scarlett l enjoy reading your poems, l am a fan of Pam Ayres saw her a few years ago at Warners holidays, you have a gift for writing poems, thank you for all your help and advice, ♡♡♡

WIFE

May 23, 2014
WEST SUSSEX
Loved the poem - but my favourite tipple is still a good old gin and tonic, lemon but easy on the ice! My Mother loved Bailey's - could never understand why!