The Inner Voice

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
have read and been touched by the way "Push Back The Blinds" has been commented on, But I do feel that you regard me as a chosen one blessed with access to an "Inner Voice"

I am convinced that all people have access to an inner voice but in all cases the thought world erects a barrier. I now have the ironing to do, and do I concentrate on my ironing? of course not my mind is a grasshopper, but I am aware of this and have found through meditation, not a way of dismissing thoughts but of observing them. When driving and reach traffic lights, and am waiting for the red light to change I use a number mantra, perhaps 2 and fix my mind on the red light but placing mentally the two on the red light.

When in the house and going upstairs I mentally chant a number, you see in using a number you are not using a thought they don't live in the thought world.

Gradually you allow a quiet area to develope. this gives your inner voice a chance to communicate, comes bedtime I switch off the badside light but instead of my dear wife saying "John, Give me a cuddle!" I say to my Overself "Embrace Me!"

TRY IT

cragmaid

Oct 18, 2010
North East England
My only problem with this is:- How do you quieten all the other voices first?

It's a good job for me that the Man Upstairs listens all the time. Night.x.

chucky

Feb 17, 2011
UK
I disagree, i dont think theres an inner voice, its more an instinct that all human beings have, which is physical not spiritual, regardless of how they cope with an all too real illness. If you have faith and believe in it, by all means carry on but we dont all have it. My life is no less or more difficult than anyones else's who is caring for a dementia sufferer, we all have different ways to cope. Each to their own is my mantra.

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
My only problem with this is:- How do you quieten all the other voices first?

It's a good job for me that the Man Upstairs listens all the time. Night.x.

Best wishes I do value your reply do remember that the whole purpose of this is to realise that you are an observer that means that in so doing you are weakening the power of these voices

love John

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya John,

Sorry do not understand what you mean by your last comment...what makes you an observer?
Amy

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
I disagree, i dont think theres an inner voice, its more an instinct that all human beings have, which is physical not spiritual, regardless of how they cope with an all too real illness. If you have faith and believe in it, by all means carry on but we dont all have it. My life is no less or more difficult than anyones else's who is caring for a dementia sufferer, we all have different ways to cope. Each to their own is my mantra.

Chucky you are so right there are no guidelines in this nightmare we are all coping with each of handles it as best we can

Love John

sanford99

Account Closed
Aug 2, 2011
My view??? For what it is worth........whatever gets you through the night/day.............whatever it is; I am glad you found something.......we all need something.....Mine is.......never mind..........I have not got to your higher level yet so still on base camp as it were........in fact not even there......still slogging up the hill, gulping for air...............:eek:xxxxxxxxxxxx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Still struggling to understand...in identifying an inner voice, does that not involve a separation of self?

Love Amy

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
Hello John,
Glad to meet you - only just caught up with your posts on this forum.

I think I understand what you mean by an "inner voice" and I think many people know what you mean but may express it differently.

I believe my "inner voice" represents my sixth sense or intuition (instinctive knowledge as opposed to learned knowledge). I feel our intuition is the "connecting link" between our conscious minds and our higher consciousness which in turn connects to "other higher realms". This is beyond our rationale and current understanding. It's important to keep a calm and open mind to learn how to understand our "sixth sense" and it has nothing to do with studying books or other people's theories. Sadly it may be very difficult to achieve such connections in times of great stress - but it's not exclusive life a gift, it's something that can be developed with a will and purpose to understand our deep inner feelings.

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
J
Hello John,

I think I understand what you mean by an "inner voice" and I think many people know what you mean but may express it differently.

I believe my "inner voice" represents my sixth sense or intuition (instinctive knowledge as opposed to learned knowledge). I feel our intuition is the "connecting link" between our conscious minds and our higher consciousness which in turn connects to "other higher realms". This is beyond our rationale and current understanding. It's important to keep a calm and open mind to learn how to understand our "sixth sense" and it has nothing to do with studying books or other people's theories. Sadly it may be very difficult to achieve such connections in times of great stress - but it's not exclusive life a gift, it's something that can be developed with a will and purpose to understand our deep inner feelings.

Jansis, You are on my wavelength- You state I'ts important to keep a calm and open mind" That is the crucse of the problem "Push back the blinds" but how?

Necion

Sep 26, 2010
Aberdeenshire,Scotland
[QUOTE It's a good job for me that the Man Upstairs listens all the time. [/QUOTE]

I'm with you Maureen, and in my case it's a good job He listens even when I forget to speak to Him !!!! 'Lillies of the field' comes to mind.

Lots of love, Necion. xx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
In referring to an inner voice...you are surely speaking of something other...something that you have a separate consciousness of....???
Amy

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
Who or what is the observer?

Best wishes I do value your reply do remember that the whole purpose of this is to realise that you are an observer that means that in so doing you are weakening the power of these voices

love John

I forget appointments, so I say mentally to myself" I must start writing notes in a day book" the I is the observer. My mind starts leading me along a dangerous path when I open Margaret's wardrobe and realise that she will never wear these clothes again my observer nudges me and I distance myself from these thoughts.All thinking must have an observer to observe the thoughts.
love John

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
The Balustrade

J

Jansis, You are on my wavelength- You state I'ts important to keep a calm and open mind" That is the crucse of the problem "Push back the blinds" but how?

A balustrade as I remember it (I am pretty old you know) is a rail to give you support as you areclimbing the stairs.To push back the blinds you must have a reliable handhold to cling on to.Stop what ever you are doing close your eyes,realise your breathing,in and out, in sleep and wakefullness,it keeps you alive! Mentally see the word GENTLE with your inner breath,CALM with your outer breath.Only for a minute.
TRY IT JANSIS X

Jancis

Jun 30, 2010
Hampshire
I will try it.
I don't need a balustrade as much as you but I need the reassurance that it's there.
Love Jancis x

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
Hiya John,

Sorry do not understand what you mean by your last comment...what makes you an observer?
Amy

"What makes you an observer?"
Now that Margaret is in a Care Home and I am keeping our home in a reasonable state I am the one who along with everything else am in charge of the ironing.I find my mind wanders,it's like a grasshopper, from one thing to another,I notice this,but can't do anything about it.The I is the observer!

goodnightsienna

Mar 5, 2011
Milnrow, near Rochdale
To keep a calm and open mind

Hello John,

Yes Jancis you are certainly on my wavelength.To allow space in your busy life-"to keep a calm and open mind" a very difficult thing to do. I've just started a Philosophy course for ten weeks at Stockport,Belmont House,I'm looking for help in mind control so that when I come away from the Care Home,the thoughts of dispair regarding Margaret's weight loss and my helplessness do not leave me unable to cope.To live in the moment is what I'm aiming at. Watch This Space!