The Inca Trail Slog

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Thanks to help from Nada, I've actually managed to set up my Webpage for the Trek today - AT LAST. I haven't managed to post a photo of yours truly just yet, but am confident that Brucie will come to my rescue shortly. In the meantime, there's a little picture to give you a laugh. The webpage is http://www.justgiving.co.uk/judeinperu

Cheers, Jude

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All

I still can't figure out how to get the avatar up there. Will keep on persevering.

Some WONDERFUL person has started off my webpage with a pretty hefty donation - so a big thank you to whomever...

There is a music festival in the grounds here this weekend and the management are expecting around 2000 bods to arrive. I do hope the weather fines up a bit. The AD Society has rushed me a lovely T Shirt and some stickers, so that I can go out and do a bit of a collection to help with my sponsorship funds. Nada wanted to send me a belt and some braces as well. Next thing she'll be sending me leather shorts and I'll have to have yodelling lessons before I hit the top of the Peruvian mountains.... Will let you know how I get on - with the fundraising that is.

There is a group called the Seniors Network and they are very kindly setting up a web page for me on their site as well.

Additionally, the lady who came to do my Carer's Assessment today has taken a sponsorship form so that she can raise money for me from the SS. That's a nice twist of fate, really.

More news as I progress.

Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
It's 10.30pm and the music festival sounds like it's underway rather earlier than I expected. Am going to don the T shirt and wellies and go forth and solicit. Funds that is....

More tomorrow
Jude

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

I did quite well on tonight's fundraising, despite torrential rain. Tomorrow will be much better, once I've emptied out my wellies.

My fundraising webpage has almost reached £100 within a week, thanks to some very generous souls!

Many thanks in advance for all contributions.

Best wishes,

Jude

Last edited:

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Chesca, my newly nominated Promotions Advisor, has come up with some wonderful fundraising ideas. Her novel ideas are quite a bit different from those of the Altzheimer's Society......

Steam Cleaning the Lounge Suite - which will provide exercise AND monetary gain in the form of all those 'lost' coins [and all things that come under the heading of 'Ah, I wondered where THAT went to'.] In the case of the oldies' lounge chairs, I shall be on the lookout for a 1933 Penny since the furniture has been a permanent and hated fixture for eons. This steam cleaning has to be done fairly quickly as I have actually ordered a new lounge suite for the parents, which will be arriving within the next fortnight. The old one will go to the Red Cross if they can bear to have it. I'm rather in favour of a large bonfire and a sausage sizzle to raise money to cremate the beastly thing, actually.

Chesca is undertaking a similar purge at home by attempting to fill old coffee jars and Scotch bottles with coins found under the sofa cushions and elsewhere. This is an extremely good idea, although possibily not in our home. I've just found a stash of small change behind my father's wardrobe. Unfortunately, these are coins that have been phased out of the British currency and are worth absolutely zilch - except to my father, who has refused to part with them anyway!

Does anyone else have any bright ideas?

Hopefully yours,

Jude

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Jude
how about letting people into the garden with a metal detector,tell them it was an old Roman site.
That way you get the garden dug for free
Norman