The hardest thing

Amber 3

Feb 4, 2015
South Devon
Just thought I would share this ...My husband was diagnosed with dementia just before Christmas and during the process of him eventually seeing a GP I had a phone call from our doctors surgery from a new locum at the practise, she asked how I was coping and I told her things were difficult especially at night as my husband spent most of the night wandering around so neither of us were getting much sleep. Also he was having hallucinations and shouting a lot. The locum told me not to feel guilty in asking for help in the future as this was one of the hardest things I would ever have to do, she went on to say that many people feel they have failed, or feel guilty if they need to ask for help and this is definitely NOT the case... We all need a shoulder at times....

Rageddy Anne

Feb 21, 2013
Cotswolds
We had a kind Locum for a while who urged me to get in touch any time....but now she's gone and we're back to the " is it really urgent?" brigade on the desk.

matchstick

Dec 22, 2010
glasgow
Amber 3 never be afraid to ask for help,when it comes to Dementia with my late Mum I simply never accepted NO for an answer if I wanted an affirmitive YES,I never got irate,or upset I just steadfastly kept at it until I got my way,I admit it didn't always work but amazing what persistance gets you.On TP ask for advice,never be afraid to ask any question,somebody will help or if they can't you will get a cyber hug...and at the end of the day this is your husband,and nothing is too good for him.Good luck and my advice take each day at a time,deal with today,tomorrow will take care of itself...that was my mantra.