The Great North Run

Roberta

Sep 6, 2004
King's Lynn
Hello there,

I've just joined the Alzheimer's forum & am running for the Society in this year's Great North Run.

I was wondering if there is anyone else out there who is doing the same as I could do with some last minute tips or even some company on the run.

My husband & 3 other friends are also running but they are likely to be a long way in front of me! Any one who is planning to finish in about 2 hours 30 please let me know!
I'm definitely not a natural athlete but I have done some training, so, fingers-crossed, it will be ok on the day!

We're running for Alzheimers because my mum is a sufferer & my sister is her carer. It has affected our family in a big way & I would like to help by raising as much money as possible.

If anyone feels like sponsoring me, I have a webpage on justgiving.com & I would be very grateful. The address is:

www.justgiving.com/bobandtel

Hoping to hear from some of you
Roberta

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
How to post the photo?

Dear Roberta,

Just had a look at your webpage.

PLEASE could you let me know how you managed to get your photos up there? Both Brucie and I had a go at posting my photo for the Inca Trail trek next May, and neither of us could get it to stick... My page is http://justgiving.com/judeinperu.

Very best wishes for the run!

Regards, Jude

Roberta

Sep 6, 2004
King's Lynn
Hi Jude,
Thanks very much for starting off my on-line sponsor form - much appreciated.

Re the photos - it took me about 3 gos to get my photo to stay on the justgiving page. At first it came up with my caption but someone else on the photo.
Apparently if your photo will not load properly, you need to finish your sheet & then email your photo to the justgiving help desk & they will make sure it loads correctly.
hope this helps & thanks again.
Cheers
Roberta

PS just tried to look at your wbe page from the link in your post & it came up as unavailable - I'll try again later but it might be worth checking!

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Roberta,

Thanks very much for the info. I will check it the webpage out and retry the photo and contact justgiving if I can't fix it.

Best wishes,

Jude