The Final Journey

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Mum made her final journey yesterday.
Her funeral went well and the sun shone for her.
The family came from Wiltshire, Gloucestershire,Humberside,Essex and mum would have been proud.
We had lots of stories to exchange of pre dementia days....which to be honest I thought would never come back.....but they have....and although it makes me sad to think of happy times I'm so pleased they're there.
My 2 dear aunts were also affected by this dreadful disease but the good and happy memories are so much stronger than the bad ones.I look upon this as a precious victory....
I laughed and cried with my cousins.
We can imagine the sisters reunited and happy and oh how that made us smile!!
I visited mum at the chapel of rest yesterday......and I knew she had left her battle- weary body behind.....her spirit is free...
She is reunited with Dad and her loving family and her prize for battling as long as she could is peace.
Today I feel very sad but I will never forget her courage .
I will never forget her.
Her courage and determination makes me strong
I am so very proud of her.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Wendy, you have inherited your mother`s courage. It is her legacy to you.
Take care, Love Sylvia x

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
mel said:
We had lots of stories to exchange of pre dementia days....which to be honest I thought would never come back.....but they have....and although it makes me sad to think of happy times I'm so pleased they're there.

Today I feel very sad but I will never forget her courage .
I will never forget her.
Her courage and determination makes me strong
I am so very proud of her.

Dear Wendy

Thank you so much for your lovely post. Hang on to those good memories, they will stay with you long after the sad ones have faded.

You are indeed strong. Your mum would be so proud of you too.

Love,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Wendy, what a lovely post. Your mother would be as proud of you as you are of her.

Love

Jennifer

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
mel said:
but the good and happy memories are so much stronger than the bad ones.I look upon this as a precious victory.....

That's a wonderful thought Wendy and so very well expressed. Love

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Hiya Hon

Your battle is over now, you can rest assured you done everything you could...........you stayed strong for your mum throughout, and held up like a rock at the funeral...........i know your mum would be proud of you...........i am!

Your mum is only a thought away...............and your friends are here when you need them.

Its your time now.............i hope you'll be as kind to you as you were to your mum.

Love Alex x

Tina

May 19, 2006
Dear Wendy,
what a lovely post, your mum would be proud of you. Keep the happy memories, they will sustain you, and they are so precious even though they'll make you sad at times too. But when you think of what mum left you with, that will make you smile again on a difficult day.
Love, Tina xx

Irish_Lisa

Feb 24, 2007
N.Ireland
Thinking of you during this hard time....I'm sure your mam is looking down on you now, her heart bursting with pride.

Stay strong. xx

asaltydog

Jun 22, 2005
N Wales
Dear Wendy

my thoughts are with you
keep trying to smile & remember the good times with your mum

My mum died last month, from a heart attack, although she had had AD for about 8 years. She was 84.

asaltydog[Derek]

ginger

Nov 13, 2005
NE Lincs
Celebration of my dear mum's life

My dear mum died nearly eight weeks ago after having AD for 14 years. My mum had spent the last 7 years in a wonderful nursing home with dedicated staff who provided excellent care. After her funeral I decided to arrange a party at the nursing home for the residents. this took place last Saturday Bob the music man played all the old songs, the catering staff provided cakes and drinks for the residents and their families - it was a lovely party. My mum would have loved it, mum always enjoyed a good party - this celebration of mums life brought such happiness to the other residents and their families. I miss my mum so much but this celebration is helping me come to terms with my loss of a very special MUM.

Last edited:

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Ginger, what a lovely idea. I think like Lisa's month's mind, this party has allowed you to remember your mum with the people she spent so much tme for.

Sad, yes, but also a celebration of her life.

I'm glad you are gradually coming to terms with your mum's loss.

Love,

Irish_Lisa

Feb 24, 2007
N.Ireland
Myself and my gran were planning to sit down together and write a lovely thank you letter to the NH but a party sounds like a lovely idea. I'd come to love some of the other residents in there.....you can't help it so it would be nice to see them again. :)

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
Sorry for being late in posting

HI Wendy

Your post has brought tears to my eyes, and I agree with others - your mum would be proud of you. I'm so glad that the sun shone for her on her final journey.

Libs x