1. mel

mel Registered User

Apr 30, 2006
    Sheffield
    Mum made her final journey yesterday.
    Her funeral went well and the sun shone for her.
    The family came from Wiltshire, Gloucestershire,Humberside,Essex and mum would have been proud.
    We had lots of stories to exchange of pre dementia days....which to be honest I thought would never come back.....but they have....and although it makes me sad to think of happy times I'm so pleased they're there.
    My 2 dear aunts were also affected by this dreadful disease but the good and happy memories are so much stronger than the bad ones.I look upon this as a precious victory....
    I laughed and cried with my cousins.
    We can imagine the sisters reunited and happy and oh how that made us smile!!
    I visited mum at the chapel of rest yesterday......and I knew she had left her battle- weary body behind.....her spirit is free...
    She is reunited with Dad and her loving family and her prize for battling as long as she could is peace.
    Today I feel very sad but I will never forget her courage .
    I will never forget her.
    Her courage and determination makes me strong
    I am so very proud of her.

2. Grommit

Grommit Registered User

Apr 26, 2006
    Doncaster
    Wendy, my thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

3. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    Dear Wendy, you have inherited your mother`s courage. It is her legacy to you.
    Take care, Love Sylvia x

4. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Dear Wendy

Thank you so much for your lovely post. Hang on to those good memories, they will stay with you long after the sad ones have faded.

You are indeed strong. Your mum would be so proud of you too.

Love,

5. Áine

Áine Registered User

Thinking of you Wendy,

lots of love

Áine

6. jenniferpa

jenniferpa Volunteer Moderator

Jun 27, 2006
    Wendy, what a lovely post. Your mother would be as proud of you as you are of her.

Love

Jennifer

7. DeborahBlythe

DeborahBlythe Registered User

Dec 1, 2006
    That's a wonderful thought Wendy and so very well expressed. Love

8. alex

alex Registered User

Apr 10, 2006
    Hiya Hon

Your battle is over now, you can rest assured you done everything you could...........you stayed strong for your mum throughout, and held up like a rock at the funeral...........i know your mum would be proud of you...........i am!

Your mum is only a thought away...............and your friends are here when you need them.

Its your time now.............i hope you'll be as kind to you as you were to your mum.

Love Alex x

9. Tina

Tina Registered User

May 19, 2006
    Dear Wendy,
    what a lovely post, your mum would be proud of you. Keep the happy memories, they will sustain you, and they are so precious even though they'll make you sad at times too. But when you think of what mum left you with, that will make you smile again on a difficult day.
    Love, Tina xx

10. Irish_Lisa

Irish_Lisa Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    N.Ireland
    Thinking of you during this hard time....I'm sure your mam is looking down on you now, her heart bursting with pride.

Stay strong. xx

11. asaltydog

asaltydog Registered User

Jun 22, 2005
    N Wales
    Dear Wendy

my thoughts are with you
    keep trying to smile & remember the good times with your mum

My mum died last month, from a heart attack, although she had had AD for about 8 years. She was 84.

asaltydog[Derek]

12. ginger

ginger Registered User

Nov 13, 2005
    NE Lincs
    #12 ginger, Mar 13, 2007
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2007
    Celebration of my dear mum's life

My dear mum died nearly eight weeks ago after having AD for 14 years. My mum had spent the last 7 years in a wonderful nursing home with dedicated staff who provided excellent care. After her funeral I decided to arrange a party at the nursing home for the residents. this took place last Saturday Bob the music man played all the old songs, the catering staff provided cakes and drinks for the residents and their families - it was a lovely party. My mum would have loved it, mum always enjoyed a good party - this celebration of mums life brought such happiness to the other residents and their families. I miss my mum so much but this celebration is helping me come to terms with my loss of a very special MUM.

13. Skye

Skye Registered User

Aug 29, 2006
    SW Scotland
    Ginger, what a lovely idea. I think like Lisa's month's mind, this party has allowed you to remember your mum with the people she spent so much tme for.

Sad, yes, but also a celebration of her life.

I'm glad you are gradually coming to terms with your mum's loss.

Love,

14. Irish_Lisa

Irish_Lisa Registered User

Feb 24, 2007
    N.Ireland
    Myself and my gran were planning to sit down together and write a lovely thank you letter to the NH but a party sounds like a lovely idea. I'd come to love some of the other residents in there.....you can't help it so it would be nice to see them again. :)

15. Libby

Libby Registered User

May 20, 2006
    North East
    Sorry for being late in posting

HI Wendy

Your post has brought tears to my eyes, and I agree with others - your mum would be proud of you. I'm so glad that the sun shone for her on her final journey.

Libs x